RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2011, 11:53 AM

Default DEA Silent on 400mhz?

Have any of you been hearing the DEA on the 400mhz band lately? I haven't heard a peep in quite a while and they used to be fairly active. I suspect they may be using RWC radios now as I heard a PPD detective talking about how they were on D Dec talk group the other day.

On a related note, I notice that the FBI is also silent now on the 160mhz frequencies. Same situation possibly?
Sponsored links
Old 11-16-2011, 1:03 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Have you searched the 406-412 for the NEW DEA Channels ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona_Scanner View Post
Have any of you been hearing the DEA on the 400mhz band lately? I haven't heard a peep in quite a while and they used to be fairly active. I suspect they may be using RWC radios now as I heard a PPD detective talking about how they were on D Dec talk group the other day.

On a related note, I notice that the FBI is also silent now on the 160mhz frequencies. Same situation possibly?
Old 11-19-2011, 4:38 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
If you know them why not just post them? I think that's what we're all here for
Old 11-19-2011, 4:44 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Many have, however they do vary by REGION, so it's best to spend the time and search [your own back yard] as the frequencies in my region might not be the same as yours.

Remember, the UHF Fed band is rebanding where the inputs are in the upper portion and the lower portion is the Repeater and the mid-band is simplex.

MT Fed Files: Another New DEA P-25 Frequency Found

Quote:
Originally Posted by k2aux View Post
If you know them why not just post them? I think that's what we're all here for
Old 11-19-2011, 5:01 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Many have, however they do vary by REGION, so it's best to spend the time and search [your own back yard] as the frequencies in my region might not be the same as yours.

Remember, the UHF Fed band is rebanding where the inputs are in the upper portion and the lower portion is the Repeater and the mid-band is simplex.

MT Fed Files: Another New DEA P-25 Frequency Found
I know, I know, its the thrill of the chase

But they always seem to be assigned on a national basis, so at least they would be in the ball park, give or take one or two. Here's another good thread.

MT Fed Files: More New DEA UHF P-25

Time to get a loggin' on my end too.
Old 11-19-2011, 10:40 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
That only works if that agency has a presence in a particular area. Arizona: good chance of catching them. Nashville, Tn : Vanderbilt has a better chance of winning a national championship than finding DEA frequencies active.
Old 11-20-2011, 9:04 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Correct !

But the OP posted
"I haven't heard a peep in quite a while and they used to be fairly active"
which means there is/was a presence.

Keep searching, they are out there, it just takes some patience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORN View Post
That only works if that agency has a presence in a particular area. Arizona: good chance of catching them. Nashville, Tn : Vanderbilt has a better chance of winning a national championship than finding DEA frequencies active.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:55 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Dea

I don't know if the DEA is doing this in the Phoenix area but in the Las Vegas, Nevada area they are using analog on 419.500 which is a repeater on Mt. Potosi and can be easily heard in Kingman. Encryption is usually not being used.
Old 11-20-2011, 5:01 PM

Default Dea

I stream DEA on my Mesa,/Gilbert stream what I have in there is 418.625, 418.9500, and 418.8250. You can tell when the they are online because you will pick that delay noise from the repeaters kicking in after they key the mic. They have been on mostly day time recently , Most of the time around 3:30 to 7:30 . I pick them up nice and clear here in Mesa. If your scanner has the ATT button you need to turn it on for some reason. If I have the ATT button off I don't pick them up! Now I have not been home very much in the past week so if something has changed then I am not aware of it.
Old 11-21-2011, 1:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CORN View Post
There is a DEA office and a DEA multi jurisdictional task force in Nashville as well as an FBI JTTF there. As is common with task forces they may be using local TG's / freqs and probably a lot of nextel group talk or something similar.
Old 11-22-2011, 1:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonatom1234 View Post
I stream DEA on my Mesa,/Gilbert stream what I have in there is 418.625, 418.9500, and 418.8250. You can tell when the they are online because you will pick that delay noise from the repeaters kicking in after they key the mic. They have been on mostly day time recently , Most of the time around 3:30 to 7:30 . I pick them up nice and clear here in Mesa. If your scanner has the ATT button you need to turn it on for some reason. If I have the ATT button off I don't pick them up! Now I have not been home very much in the past week so if something has changed then I am not aware of it.
pardon my ignorance, but what does "stream" mean?
Old 11-22-2011, 5:12 PM

Default stream

I have a live feed that you can listen in which I stream DEA, Stream meens, provide live feed for you to listen. It will be back up tonight. I just got new furniture so I had to find a new place for the scanner!
Old 11-23-2011, 5:01 PM
Founder and CEO
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonatom1234 View Post
I stream DEA on my Mesa,/Gilbert stream what I have in there is 418.625, 418.9500, and 418.8250. You can tell when the they are online because you will pick that delay noise from the repeaters kicking in after they key the mic. They have been on mostly day time recently
W T F??

You cannot be serious. I'm shocked that you would actively and deliberately disregard our terms of service, and broadcast a federal law enforcement agency's communications on a fire department feed.

Your feed has been terminated.