Portable scanner that can pick up MCSO

Status
Not open for further replies.

optize

I'm looking for a portable scanner that can pick up MCSO's East and West channels. Can someone recommend a device for me?

optize

Thanks! I went ahead and ordered the 2nd package. Hopefully it's not too complicated to get MCSO working on it.

I'm looking at the MCSO page here: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=848

What information will I need to program it to work with their system? The DEC, HEX and Mode numbers? Sorry, I'm new at this.

Last edited:

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
Since you are a premium subscriber and will have the software and such, you will be able to use the software to directly import the system from RR into the scanner.

AirScan1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
than your looking at a price tag of over $400
in my book P25 is not into perfection p25 is nothing but talk groups and there is no chase frequencies
radio shack has 1 for $350 , Sorry I'm into a Digital P25
it don't belong to radio but MCSO is uhf and VHF your looking wanting MCSO talkgroups
known TRUNK DIGIT

KD2DLL

Feed Provider
in my book P25 is not into perfection p25 is nothing but talk groups and there is no chase frequencies
it don't belong to radio but MCSO is uhf and VHF your looking wanting MCSO talkgroups
known TRUNK DIGIT

My are you always so much against P25? There's nothing wrong with it. We all know pretty much everything is going to go digital at one point or another, just like TV, phone, etc.

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Thanks! I went ahead and ordered the 2nd package. Hopefully it's not too complicated to get MCSO working on it.

I'm looking at the MCSO page here: Maricopa County Trunking System, Maricopa County, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies

What information will I need to program it to work with their system? The DEC, HEX and Mode numbers? Sorry, I'm new at this.

Great Choice. Start reading up now.

Easier to Read BCD396XT Digital Scanner Manual

Programming Your Uniden Scanner - The RadioReference Wiki

BCD396XT - The RadioReference Wiki

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
known TRUNK DIGIT

No chase frequencies? What do you mean by that? Frequencies where you can listen to "hot" calls such as a chase? If that's what you mean then you are incorrect. Unless the "Tac" channels I hear on Phoenix Police and MCSO are a figment of my hallucination. The only time I can't hear activity on Phoenix PD is if goes to one of the encrypted channels, but I've heard plenty on a "Tac" channel. If you are referring to something different than the above then I would respectfully request you to explain what you mean.

Many big cities use digital radios nowadays and if you want to hear them, you need a digital radio.

To the OP, I hope you enjoy your new radio. I have a pro-106 right now and hope to eventually get another handheld so I can listen at work AND at home and not have to take them back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.