Mesa digital

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomasbillman1

Feed Provider
Has anyone found a way to help with the digital comms with pd and fire from cutting out? Some nights the comms are so bad. Sometimes the comm starts out nice and strong but dies out at the end of their conversation. Sometimes you get every other word.

AirScan1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
have you ask the guys who are into this P25 thing?
i ask you is that you check out your delay time settings.
global setting,

I'm not very found of the P25 plan the digtal age belongs to TV only not radio
but what can you do maybe they have perfect this P25 yet

check the trouble shooting in the manual to your scanner.ok.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I have a BC966XT and it's working great on fire K deck since the latest firmware up grade.

AirScan1

Banned
Well I think iI got the city of Mesa on my gre psr 310
Frequency 938.4875 . Correct me if Im wrong

AirScan1

Banned
yeah not even mesa or digital.
I don't what think about this digital fad,
but it not worth the money only a used digital scanner and nothing more

mcrismon

What is MFD channel 4 used for? I always thought they used that channel for LZs. I keep hearing them send Gilbert units to that channel, but I also hear them being sent to channel 3 as well. Also, does anyone know what the "pre tone" sound is I hear sometimes before the normal dispatch tone is played? Its usually a Hi-lo sound, or lo-hi sound followed by the normal tone.

Last edited:

ICP963

Feed Provider
What is MFD channel 4 used for? I always thought they used that channel for LZs. I keep hearing them send Gilbert units to that channel, but I also hear them being sent to channel 3 as well. Also, does anyone know what the "pre tone" sound is I hear sometimes before the normal dispatch tone is played? Its usually a Hi-lo sound, or lo-hi sound followed by the normal tone.
Channel 4 on the Mesa Fire System has nothing to do with the old VHF Ch4 (154.280) Mutual Aid channel that is used for landing zones. That is now handled on Mesa's turnked Ch14 which is patched when they need it to VHF mutual aid.

The current use for the trunked Ch4 is the same as Ch3 which is mainly for medical type calls. I think they added it to give a little more breathing room for medical calls since they get more of them then they get structure calls or major medical calls.

The pre tones should be the station tones to open the speakers at the ambulance locations most likely. Those are still listening on the old VHF Ch1 154.340 I think.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Just as an FYI - If you have the new DCS of 114 on the VHF Dispatch you will not hear the pre tones. They are still brocasted with the old PL of 167.9

Status
Not open for further replies.