K2 thru K5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Looking at the CAD and hearing Alarm dispatch today there are several departments being assigned to K2. It is my understanding that K2 - K5 are different talk groups assigned by department with K4 & K5 being encrypted. So, this brings up the question is alarm monitoring all the departments K2 – K5 talk groups?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Alarm monitors Phoenix K2 for sure. I hear them talking to "Central City" frequently on this channel. I don't think they monitor other city channels. They might have capability to monitor them if requested.

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

Go here. I don't know why it didn't work as a hyperlink.
https://htms.phoenix.gov/publicweb/

Last edited:

Phoenix805

Just understand not all calls are shown. They're basically public - OK calls, fires, accidents, etc. They do NOT show calls like heart attack, sick person, falls, etc., calls of a personal nature that might involve HIPPA laws, etc.

Kars10az

The Alarm Room monitors K1-K15. Phoenix PD also has a K-deck on their radios which is not the same as the Fire Dept. K-deck (no common TGs). It's the only overlap of TG designations that I know of. There was talk of renaming one of the K-decks, but I don't think that ever happened on the PD side, and we all know FD still calls their channels K-deck.

Ed

KB7MIB

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (BREW; Opera Mini/6.0.3/27.2354; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 320X240 LG VN530)

And the only non-FD K-deck talkgroup I know of is K-10, Transit Security, on 2389.
I really wish someone could release the RWC master list of talkgroups, showing which talkgroup is used for what purpose, and maybe even which site(s) each talkgroup is authorized on. (And release the Topaz RWC list, and the Maricopa County list, and the YRCS list, etc.)
I don't know why they have to be so confidential. The clear talkgroups are clear talkgroups. The encyrpted ones are encrypted. Why not just make the lists available to the scanner hobbyists?

KB7MIB

Peoria FD K-3 (1642) was active a few minutes ago with a special event, up at Lake Pleasant. It's 19:56 local time.

Last edited:

Kars10az

I was just reading through this thread and I think I misunderstood it initially, so let's see if I can fix it.
Each city's Fire Dept. that is on the RWC has what appears to be 4 ADMIN channels. Someone earlier said that 2 of them were encrypted, which I cannot confirm. I have not run across much traffic on these TGs. They are numbered K2-K5. Why "K" I don't know, and each city has their own K2-K5. They are not monitored by the Alarm Room at all. I'm not even sure they have access to them. The Alarm Room monitors only the Dispatch and TAC channels on which calls are assigned during normal operations.

I just found out that Mesa/Gilbert/AJ, etc also have such channels on the Topaz system. I've heard some training on a couple of the TGs in Mesa, and only had a couple hits on the RWC TGs, but I wasn't listening at the time. The scanner logged the TG, and that's it. I can't confirm if it was encrypted or in the clear.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
Each city's Fire Dept. that is on the RWC has what appears to be 4 ADMIN channels. Someone earlier said that 2 of them were encrypted, which I cannot confirm. I have not run across much traffic on these TGs. They are numbered K2-K5. Why "K" I don't know, and each city has their own K2-K5.

I monitor all of the K2 to K5 for all the departments that are listed in the data base. I know that Phx K4 is encrypted because I have tried to listen a few times to calls assigned to that TG. I would imagine the radio positions are assigned using the "KISS" method. We did the same thing back east when our system was set up. A5 thru A8 were different TGs depending on which Departments radio you were holding and likewise they were not monitored by our dispatch but each department did have them in a base station at each station. We used them for admin stuff and often times for traffic control at MVAs to keep that communications off the Tactical TGs.

Kars10az

Keep in mind that there is a TAC TG called K4, and an admin TG, also called K4. They are NOT the same thing. Additionally, Phoenix PD has a K-deck, just to add to the confusion. So, if 20-30 Fire departments on the RWC each have K2-K5 as admin channels for their department only, and the PFDRDC has TAC channels K2-K5, and PD has secret squirrel channels also on THEIR K-DECK, this could prove to be the perfect example of how government works.

azmedic

FD K4 is encrypted as this is the channel used for TLO Operations

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.