RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2014, 8:53 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sun City, Az
Posts: 261
Default Off the wall PL/DPL tones?

This question is a bit off the wall as I would imagine not many folks listen to the radio system in question (if any) so here it goes. Does anyone have the PL/DPL tones for S.A.F.E. Management that provides security at University of Phoenix Stadium? I found their license in the FCC data base so I have the frequencies and possible channel assignments.
__________________
Richard Gaun
KG7ETW
Sun City, Arizona
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2014, 8:55 AM
krokus's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southeastern Michigan
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgaun View Post
This question is a bit off the wall as I would imagine not many folks listen to the radio system in question (if any) so here it goes. Does anyone have the PL/DPL tones for S.A.F.E. Management that provides security at University of Phoenix Stadium? I found their license in the FCC data base so I have the frequencies and possible channel assignments.
Did you check the database? It has that info, more often than not.

Sent via Tapatalk
__________________
Generic radio geek, in southeast Michigan.
PSR-500, TM-742, TM-V71,TH-78, HTX-420, IC-2AT, IC-2E (clone), Pro-39, BC-235XLT, TK-290, XTS-5000
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2014, 12:26 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sun City, Az
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krokus View Post
Did you check the database? It has that info, more often than not.

Sent via Tapatalk
There is nothing listed in the data base for Stadium Security. Southwest Ambulance uses their "events" Frequency and the PD coverage uses G Deck TGs. Security is on Business Band thus the need for the PL/DPL.
__________________
Richard Gaun
KG7ETW
Sun City, Arizona
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2014, 12:59 PM
ko6jw_2's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Santa Ynez, CA
Posts: 172
Default

Does your scanner have a PL search function? Listen to both the input and output frequencies. Some systems have a different tone for accessing a repeater and the repeater has a separate PL for decode.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-22-2014, 4:28 PM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Peoria, AZ.
Posts: 2,183
Default

What is the emission designator for their frequencies? IIRC, having checked the listings in the SWFD-10 for the stadium, I heard MotoTrbo digital noise. CTCSS/DCS isn't used in MotoTrbo.
There's a lot of MotoTrbo in the 451-470 MHz as well as the 935-940 MHz business/industrial bands. The only analog FM activity in 935-940 MHz that I've heard is SoCal Edison's trunked system, which has a site on the White Tank Mtns.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2014, 1:07 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sun City, Az
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7MIB View Post
What is the emission designator for their frequencies? IIRC, having checked the listings in the SWFD-10 for the stadium, I heard MotoTrbo digital noise. CTCSS/DCS isn't used in MotoTrbo.
There's a lot of MotoTrbo in the 451-470 MHz as well as the 935-940 MHz business/industrial bands. The only analog FM activity in 935-940 MHz that I've heard is SoCal Edison's trunked system, which has a site on the White Tank Mtns.
I do not believe they are on a trunking system. Here are the frequencies listed on the license;

461.95000
466.95000
462.02500
464.32500
464.37500
467.02500
469.32500
469.37500
469.67500
469.80000
469.82500

I have programed these in the scanner with the PL Search active.
__________________
Richard Gaun
KG7ETW
Sun City, Arizona
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-23-2014, 5:22 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Quincy, Mass
Posts: 5,992
Default

Correct, according to the FCC, Non-Trunk and Analog (Narrowband)
However only 461.9500 is a Repeater, all others are simplex

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgaun View Post
I do not believe they are on a trunking system. Here are the frequencies listed on the license;

461.95000
466.95000
462.02500
464.32500
464.37500
467.02500
469.32500
469.37500
469.67500
469.80000
469.82500

I have programed these in the scanner with the PL Search active.
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions