RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum

Arizona Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-30-2014, 1:00 PM

Default K channels for Phoenix

Looking for the K channels for phoenix to see if I can pick them up from Tempe.Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2014, 2:55 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomasbillman1 View Post
Looking for the K channels for phoenix to see if I can pick them up from Tempe.Thanks
Not quite sure what you're asking. Fire Dept. K deck talk groups used mostly for medical? A (Analog) channels used mostly for fire/hazard incidents? Something else?
Old 07-30-2014, 3:10 PM

Default K deck

I put all the k deck channels in my scanner but don't pick anything up.
Old 07-30-2014, 3:13 PM

Is there only the 1 control channel 867.112500 Am i using the right Control channel.
Old 07-30-2014, 3:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I believe the control channels you want are in simulcast B. I have all the Maricopa CC's in my list, but I've never paid attention to which CC I get the hit on. Phoenix FD is one of my busier scan lists.

Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) Trunking System, Phoenix, Arizona - Scanner Frequencies
Sponsored links
Old 07-30-2014, 10:31 PM

You may not get a simulcast B control channel in Tempe. Listen to simulcast F for K7/K8 and perhaps South Mountain or Thompson Peak for calls that are further out.
Old 07-31-2014, 12:13 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I live in Tempe and pick up Phoenix FD trunked on F, M and South Mountain just fine, I also receive stuff on B, although B is probably the most spotty.

Ed
Old 07-31-2014, 1:22 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kars10az View Post
I live in Tempe and pick up Phoenix FD trunked on F, M and South Mountain just fine, I also receive stuff on B, although B is probably the most spotty.

Ed
I've asked before and not gotten a reply. Which simulcast or IR site are you calling 'M'? There is no M.
Old 07-31-2014, 1:35 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thomas, if you're having issues receiving Phoenix Simulcast B and/or Tempe Simulcast F, try using the South Mtn and/or Thompson Peak IR sites. You won't have multipath interference issues from the IR sites as you will from the simulcast sites.

I use the White Tank Mtn, South Mtn, Thompson Peak and Towers Mtn IR's for K-deck reception, in one scan list in my GRE PSR-500. I have it set for Multi-Site: Stat and Check All CC: Yes. I do not use any of the simulcast sites.
Sponsored links
Old 07-31-2014, 3:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Okay, I've been looking at the active CC's when I receive Phoenix FD. For me down here in Chandler ( about a block or 2 off the southern Tempe border) I'm seeing the South Mountain IR Secondary control channel & Thompson Peak Primary.

Make sure you program in both the Primary and Secondary CC's. Like I said, I have all of the CC's for any site located in Maricopa. Seems to work well for me.
Old 07-31-2014, 4:27 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Just my two cents ---- I have simulcast B locked out and only scan South Mountain, Thompson Peak, White Tanks, North Mountain, Far North Mountain, New River IR & Sky Harbor IR. Now for the record I do not listen to any PD Talk groups other than interagency and the scanner is in my vehicle hence the need for the different sites. I have found by setting the radio up this way transmissions are 100% clearer and I believe I get all the PFD K Deck goings on.
Old 07-31-2014, 9:16 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

To the best of my knowledge, the K-deck fire talkgroups are not carried on the North Mtn or Sky Harbor IR's. (Sky Harbor does have it's own Emergency Dispatch and IMS talkgroups, but they're seperate from the K-deck talkgroups. I've only gotten the Phoenix solid waste department TG's 1501/1512/1513/1515, Maricopa County EOC TG 1565, Maricopa County Community College District TG's 4552/4554/4555, RF Tech TG 1594 and H-deck 1 TG 1767 on North Mtn so far.)
I'm not entirely sure if the Anthem/New River or Far North Mtn (Mt Gillen at 7th Ave and Carefree Highway) IR's carry K-deck talkgroups or not. I've only caught TG 1501 and TG 1767 on Mt Gillen, and I've only caught Phoenix PD A-6 TG 2994 on the Anthem/New River IR so far.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:42 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

M is Thompson Peak. Sorry. I didn't catch you asking previously.

Ed
Old 08-01-2014, 4:43 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Ok, it's not designated as M in the database. Should it be? Thompson Peak is an IR site, not a simulcast, and I thought only the simulcast sites were given letter designations?
Just trying to clear up my confusion
Old 08-01-2014, 9:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

When the 800 MHz system was implemented, I was working for the City at the time. All of the sites had, at that time, a single-letter designation, and that's where I got my information. They may have since designated them differently. I went back to the information I had gotten back then and "M" was the letter designation for Thompson Peak IR at that time.
Sponsored links
Old 08-01-2014, 7:08 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Ah, ok. What were the other designations, out of curiosity?
Old 08-02-2014, 1:55 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB7MIB View Post
To the best of my knowledge, the K-deck fire talkgroups are not carried on the North Mtn or Sky Harbor IR's. (Sky Harbor does have it's own Emergency Dispatch and IMS talkgroups, but they're seperate from the K-deck talkgroups.).
That's a fact. The only TGs on the Sky Harbor IR are the ones used at Sky Harbor. I also believe that the Sky Harbor IR is low power. I can only get hits off the site when I'm east of 75th Ave.
Old 08-02-2014, 1:58 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for putting up the K-Deck TGS. Was very good listening last night during the storm and I could stay in the house instead of sitting in the car....LOL