RWC- matching sites & TGs

Status
Not open for further replies.

trunkh8er

Is there a "cheat sheet" showing which agencies are using what sites? While the simulcast sites are pretty obvious, I'm not sure who is using the "high" and "IR" sites (other than the one at the airport).

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
I don't know of one offhand but between all of us, we should be able to put one together. If anyone here would know what IR's and sites are used by who, it's gotta be Cellphone. ;) I primarily listen to the South Mountain site, which had PFD and PPD on it for a while, but lately it only seems to have PFD traffic on it.

-AZ

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Traffic on the high sites is hit and miss because it depends on users to be affiliated with them. If there are no users of particular talkgroups affiliated, then it does not transmit the talkgroups.

Here are the high sites I can receive, and talkgroups they *sometime* carry:
South Mountain – Chandler PD A02 2498, Maricopa PD 2599, PPD South A4 2996/B4 2980, Fire K deck
Sacaton – Fire K1, K8, Maricopa PD 2599
Thompson Peak – Scottsdale PD2 3402, MCCC 4555/4557, Fire K deck

There are likely also public works talkgroups on these sites, but I have these all avoided as I don't listen to garbage trucks, water works, etc.

If you rely on the high sites to receive these channels, you will frequently be missing activity. As an example, as I type this post, Chandler PD, PPD South, and Fire K Decks are NOT being carried currently on South Mountain. I am hearing them on Simulcast C, but not South Mountain. I am only hearing Maricopa PD 2599 on South Mountain.

Hopefully other listeners can provide some info on the North & West sites as I cannot receive them as I have this big mountain in my way. :)

Last edited:

KB7MIB

In my GRE PSR-500, one of my V-Scanners is set up so that one site is assigned to one scanlist with a Wildcard. (Scanlist 1 is Simulcast A, Scanlist 7 is Simulcast J, then the 3 TOPAZ sites on 8-10, and the IR's on 11-20.)
If I'm actively listening, and watching for what pops up where, I add each new talkgroup. I'd have to put together a list of what goes where, but generally speaking, Phoenix DPW is on North and South Mtn. Peoria PD and Phoenix FD are on Towers Mtn. MCCCD are on most of the sites that I can hear, both simulcast and IR/High. The Sky Train is on Simulcast A as well as Sky Harbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.