460.1875 151.4 pl --> dps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
For 5 years I have had 460.1875 programmed in my everyday scan list. This freq is listed as DPS “Ch 7 Phoenix Metro North Patrol” in the Southwest Frequency Directory. Until this last week, I have never heard anything on this freq. Last week I heard was sounded like radio techs talking about antennas and SWR on 460.1875 with a PL of 151.4 (a common DPS PL tone). I cannot verify what I heard was DPS. It is a repeater, and I heard some repeater keyups today on the freq too.

Has anyone else heard this frequency? Anyone have any information on possible DPS frequency changes for the Phoenix Metro area in the near future?

KB7MIB

This frequency, as well as "Southeast Tac" 460.1625 (until recently used by Salt River PD), have for years been set aside by DPS for future use. This was confirmed to me over on the ArizonaScanner group on Yahoo Groups by the state radio tech who is a member there several months (a year?) ago.
My suggestion is to keep listening, and let's see if either or both is about to go live.

KB7MIB

I've heard radio techs a few times since your original post. Did you ever get a reply from Walter over on the ArizonaScanner Yahoo group?

KB7MIB

Or he's not allowed to acknowledge anything anymore. Oh, well. We'll just keep monitoring, and see if it goes active for patrol use.

Status
Not open for further replies.