Tucson Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I'm heading down to Tucson for a few days and know I lack the radio technology to monitor the new trunking system. So, I was wondering if Tucson Fire and others are still using or simulcasting assignments on their VHF channels?

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
Good question. I was down there on Monday with phase 2 capable scanner and all I picked up was some surveillance from the Border Patrol. Granted, I didn't program beyond entering the zip code of the area I was going to be inm but I'd hoped to get more than just Border Patrol. Oh well.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
I'm heading down to Tucson for a few days and know I lack the radio technology to monitor the new trunking system. So, I was wondering if Tucson Fire and others are still using or simulcasting assignments on their VHF channels?

I'll check for you Richard. Haven't been listening to Analog since they went digital....

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Good question. I was down there on Monday with phase 2 capable scanner and all I picked up was some surveillance from the Border Patrol. Granted, I didn't program beyond entering the zip code of the area I was going to be inm but I'd hoped to get more than just Border Patrol. Oh well.

Hmmm, you didn't hear the PCWIN system at all ? Odd. What zip code did you put in ?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Well, been sitting on the old and current analog frequencies since 1030am until now, 310pm.

Here's what I've heard so far,
NWFD
TOO
PCSO SAR

also out of area activity on a few of the old analog frequencies.

Pretty dead I would say ....

KB7MIB

Don't forget DPS on UHF and ADOT, including Enforcement and the road crews, on the YRCS trunked system, from Phoenix down into Tucson.
And of course Pinal County Sheriff, and all the local PD's and FD's along I-10 in Pinal County.

John
Peoria

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I have been here in Tucson for a few days now. I can confirm that at least for Tucson FD they are not using their UHF Dispatch or other UHF frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.