Goodbye Chief!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Well, I've seen someone sabotage their own career before, but never quite as spectacularly as the FORMER Chief of Phoenix PD, Daniel Garcia did today! Garcia held a press conference at 3pm, not to announce some major case was cracked or to ask for the public's help in apprehending a suspect or even to wish the city a merry Christmas, but rather to basically publicly demand that he be guaranteed another 2 years as probably one of the worst Chiefs this city has ever had. Of course the city quickly gave him his answer - and a box to pack up his crap. LOL!!!

Goodbye Chief! And good riddance. Maybe our next Chief will be kind enough to give us back C-Deck for Christmas.....

...I can dream, can't I? ;)

-AZ

rwier

Premium Subscriber
Well, I've seen someone sabotage their own career before, but never quite as spectacularly as the FORMER Chief of Phoenix PD, Daniel Garcia did today! Garcia held a press conference at 3pm, not to announce some major case was cracked or to ask for the public's help in apprehending a suspect or even to wish the city a merry Christmas, but rather to basically publicly demand that he be guaranteed another 2 years as probably one of the worst Chiefs this city has ever had. Of course the city quickly gave him his answer - and a box to pack up his crap. LOL!!!

Goodbye Chief! And good riddance. Maybe our next Chief will be kind enough to give us back C-Deck for Christmas.....

...I can dream, can't I? ;)

-AZ

Hi AZ,

Living alone, I take many naps (whenever I feel the need). This afternoon, I napped for 90 minutes. I missed both Upman's Siren App Update, and the Chief's firing. Talk about timing, lol. And yes, my scanners are very, very, hungry for some C-Deck!

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
And now is the time for Arizona scanner listeners, especially the media, to start asking the city manager and the new guy in charge to reconsider the move to encrypt C Dec.

The argument of "people are showing up before our officers do" is bogus, since the original call still goes out un-encrypted, meaning that nothing has changed in that regard. There is value in the police force being transparent where it is practical, and that might actually help considering the current troubles with the black community. Of course tactical ops and surveillance would continue to be encrypted, and if a hot call become sensitive for some reason, they can always switch to an encrypted TG.

Standard hot calls shouldn't have gone to encryption to begin with, and that was Garcia's work. Many times citizens witnesses actually HELP the police in finding people they are looking for, and the media shouldn't be stopped from hearing the hot calls.

Will it make any difference, asking them to consider changing back? Who knows, but I intend to make the request. I also plan to coordinate with the community leaders who are seeking more transparency on this issue, in hopes that they will also request this. The worst that can happen is that they say "no".

rwier

Premium Subscriber
And now is the time for Arizona scanner listeners, especially the media, to start asking the city manager and the new guy in charge to reconsider the move to encrypt C Dec.

The argument of "people are showing up before our officers do" is bogus, since the original call still goes out un-encrypted, meaning that nothing has changed in that regard. There is value in the police force being transparent where it is practical, and that might actually help considering the current troubles with the black community. Of course tactical ops and surveillance would continue to be encrypted, and if a hot call become sensitive for some reason, they can always switch to an encrypted TG.

Standard hot calls shouldn't have gone to encryption to begin with, and that was Garcia's work. Many times citizens witnesses actually HELP the police in finding people they are looking for, and the media shouldn't be stopped from hearing the hot calls.

Will it make any difference, asking them to consider changing back? Who knows, but I intend to make the request. I also plan to coordinate with the community leaders who are seeking more transparency on this issue, in hopes that they will also request this. The worst that can happen is that they say "no".

I would add a suggestion that the citizenry be officially "invited" to video "public" LE interactions with the citizens. A half dozen videos from different angles would not only go a long way to insure that there was no confusion as to the true nature of the interactions, but would (or should) influence all parties involved to temper their.undesirable psychological demons.

AZScanner

I'd prepare for the "worst" then. PPD is quite vindictive when the media pisses them off, and the actions of one member of the media is why we lost C-Deck.

-AZ

desert-cheetah

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping the new chief will give the officers their more comfortable uniforms back.

Garcia couldn't have been playing with a full deck yesterday . City Manager tells him not to have the press conference. Garcia has it anyway.

KB7MIB

Personally, I'd like to see many more two-officer patrol cars for both officer and suspect safety, and many more officers being issued Taser's, so they have that less lethal option.
Both, of course, would cost money, but, I'd like to see this happen nationwide, not just in the City of Phoenix, or valleywide, or statewide.

As for C Deck, it went encrypted after a workplace shooting suspect's home address was broadcasted in the clear, and a 3TV news crew did show up at the address before officers could. It was irresponsible of the media, and it was their fault.
Would the media agree to not do something similar in the future, if the PD administration unencrypted the precinct C Deck talkgroups?
Can the PD send time critical information like this via MDC or text message to officers, instead of voicing it in the clear?

John
Peoria

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I'm hoping the new chief will give the officers their more comfortable uniforms back.

Garcia couldn't have been playing with a full deck yesterday . City Manager tells him not to have the press conference. Garcia has it anyway.

My fable take, he wanted to get fired.

SCPD

QRT
My fable take, he wanted to get fired.

Following the top dogs of law enforcement in Maricopa County is more entertaining than going to the circus. It would seem like Joe wants to get fired as much as this guy, but people keep voting for him. I'm in Scottsdale for Christmas and my family tells me that the county has lost a few lawsuits directly attributable to Joe that totaled over $40 million in settlements. I'm told there are more pending as well. They tell me he even was planning on running for governor.

AZScanner

Following the top dogs of law enforcement in Maricopa County is more entertaining than going to the circus.

It's not just the top cops, it's the D.A., the governor, the legislature, etc. They are all nuts. Remember Russell Pierce and his gun-nut minuteman border nazi pal J.T. Reddy? How about Jan Brewer wagging her finger in the President's face? Like him or not, that was just ridiculous and embarrassing for our state. Every time these idiots open their mouths to switch feet it makes national news! Oy... what an embarrassment almost all of our politicians here are.

-AZ

PiccoIntegra

Premium Subscriber
You guys ever come across a blog called "BadPhoenixCops"? I'm not going to link it here, and don't search or read with kids around. I used to read that thing all the time... quite entertaining.

SCPD

QRT
I picked up a copy of the Arizona Republic this morning and saw an article about Joe. He seems to have outdone himself ignoring the results his investigators gathered in favor of boasting how much he loves animals.

Arizona politics were not always crazy. When I left the state in 1978 things, minus Sam, the burro fighter congressman, whose last name escapes me, were more or less in control. I believe a Flagstaff native, Bruce Babbitt was governor and Arizona voters and those they elected seemed to be doing the job. The exception was Sam, the burro fighter, Steiger. Sam was known to say some interesting things about issues that did not reflect reality.

Like him or not, electing Steve Forbes as the Republican nominee for president was a bit off. He didn't come close in the other 49 states. Then the whole Mecham situation started up and the state seemed out of control. The state became a laughing stock and the economy suffered. This whole Joe Arpaio situation is amazing. He targets legislators that he doesn't agree with, searching homes without a warrant to do so, he is always grandstanding and then was considering a campaign for governor. He has been elected for 5 terms, maybe 6?

Arizona has produced some very good senators, both of whom I respect. Barry Goldwater was excellent to listen to after he retired from politics and could speak freely. John McCain, like him or not, is someone I admire due to the adversity he faced and overcame. He can't lift his arms above his head and other torturous acts have left him with impairments. I've never heard of him complaining.

I loved going to school in Flagstaff and working on the Kaibab National Forest back in the 70's. I considered coming back and getting away from the stress of California's most visited National Forest, the Inyo. The ranger district I worked on had a little over half of that use. A less stressful job on the Payson Ranger District of the Tonto seemed like a great way to retire and retire in a town closer to family in Scottsdale. The politics of Arizona gave me the thought that my wife and I may not fit in very well. Eventually we decided we don't want to leave the spectacular area we live in, so politics was not the deal breaker.

Some of the events in Arizona government seem to resemble South American countries.

com501

Maybe its the summer heat and the stress from all the border encroachments finally getting to everybody, plus the illegal search and seizure ICE roadblocks. How do you people put up with that? I am surprised your Governor didn't punch the POTUS in the face after what he said and did to the state, and then just being plain rude and walking away is inexcusable in a national leader, no matter WHAT the circumstance.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
Maybe Sheriff Joe is elected because lots of people support him and his stance on law and order. Same for other conservatives who have and are running Arizona.

One of the big pluses for me in considering moving there is having a top law and order cop running things in the area. I wish much more of the country had people like him and the Sheriff of Milwaukee and Paul Bebeau I believe it is.

Obama, Holder et al have attacked Sheriff Joe and the rule of law and you should be appalled that someone wanting to enforce our laws is being constantly harassed through the legal system the way he is by the Federal Gov.

He is also appealing the court's unconscionable rulings too. Hopefully he'll prevail.

kd7eir

I find it utterly disgusting that people that claim to be for law and order piss all over the constitution by attacking the courts for making a ruling that they disagree with. The courts have ruled that Arpaio has no standing to sue Obama, but our supposed patriots and law and order pretenders refuse to accept the ruling because it goes against their wishes. If you really cared about law and order you would respect the ruling of the court.

Sent from my fertile imagination.

AZScanner

Maybe Sheriff Joe is elected because lots of people support him and his stance on law and order. Same for other conservatives who have and are running Arizona.

One of the big pluses for me in considering moving there is having a top law and order cop running things in the area. I wish much more of the country had people like him and the Sheriff of Milwaukee and Paul Bebeau I believe it is.

Obama, Holder et al have attacked Sheriff Joe and the rule of law and you should be appalled that someone wanting to enforce our laws is being constantly harassed through the legal system the way he is by the Federal Gov.

He is also appealing the court's unconscionable rulings too. Hopefully he'll prevail.

Paul Babeu is a good cop, but Joe Arpaio's just a grandstanding blowhard who seems to care more about housing stray dogs than catching crooks. Maybe Joe should consider a run for dogcatcher this time around.

-AZ

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
I find it utterly disgusting that people that claim to be for law and order piss all over the constitution by attacking the courts for making a ruling that they disagree with. The courts have ruled that Arpaio has no standing to sue Obama, but our supposed patriots and law and order pretenders refuse to accept the ruling because it goes against their wishes. If you really cared about law and order you would respect the ruling of the court.

Sent from my fertile imagination.

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black with as much as you libs whine and cry about court decisions.

Jeez!

One brief thing. A court can be wrong and make a wrong and/or incorrect decision. To automatically support such a wrong and/or incorrect decision is the mark of a fool.

Just look at your 9th which is the most overturned court in the last 30 years if not history. The most wrong and incorrect decisions in recent memory. Also look up Rose Bird another liberal idiot who we got rid of in Calif for all her and her cronies' wrong liberal decisions.

Supporting illegality, supporting violating the laws of this country is wrong and incorrect no matter who does it. In this case its some judge.

I had spent a couple days writing a lengthy reply but frankly I don't think the admin would like this turned into a political war in the forum. If you actually care for the reply let me know via PM and I'll send it.

Otherwise as good as it is and as much as I'd like to take my well aimed shots at you here I'll refrain.

Status
Not open for further replies.