Need help Uniden 436 in Scottsdale

Status
Not open for further replies.

llicht

Is there anyone in the scottsdale area that would be willing to help me out with my new Uniden 436. I am able to hear some FD dispatch calls but am missing most of them compared to hearing them on a audio feed on the computer. I only have loaded RWC and Topaz loded on the scanner. I hear no Scottsdale or other cities but Phoenix and I am not even getting most of the phoenix calls. Perhaps we can meet somewhere for coffee ( My Treat)

Thanks
Larry WA2ATF
480-502-0219

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Larry, I've moved your thread over to the Arizona forum since you'll probably get more replies from locals familiar with the system than in the Uniden Tech Support forum.

Please try and keep your requests for help related to Scottsdale in this thread instead of asking for help in multiple threads. It only complicates things for those trying to help you.

Thanks. Hope you get an answer.

mm

In Scottsdale all you really will hear are North and South dispatch, just about everything else is encrypted and the unencrypted Event talkgroups are rarely used.

I program my radios for Smartzone Omnilink so that I can use the following Sites for seamless roaming: Simulcast H (99% of the calls), simulcast F(because there have been times when a South Scottsdale unit uses F) and also Thompson Peak High for those times when a far north Scottsdale unit uses TPhigh, but 99% of the traffic I hear for Scottsdale comes off of simulcast H.

Now there are also some instances where I hear a Scottsdale unit on some of the Ocean talkgroups but even these are rare and as mentioned above North and South dispatch channels are about all I hear when I'm down at our Scottsdale house.

Mike
Prescott

Status
Not open for further replies.