Has the Federal Protective Service changed frequency in Phoenix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

I noticed I hadn't heard anything on 409.400 recently, so I parked my scanner on the channel, put it on tone search rather having it set on the P25 NAC, and let it sit for 8+ hours, up until 10:30am. There was no activity on it. (When set for tone search, any hits will show the tone, and it will hold on it and I can see what it is later. I usually heard officers going in service around 5-6am, so I should have seen the NAC they use if there had been any activity.)
Does anyone know where they may have moved to?

John
Peoria

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
I know a lot of systems are being temporally changed for the big game. There are several agencies that are changing systems, frequencies and talk groups every shift. Just a bit of over kill in my mind but what do I know?

KB7MIB

I'll keep listening. I set the hit counter on it this morning, and had no hits on it when I checked several hours later.

John
Peoria

ecps92

Maybe the Antenna connector or Antenna have an issue.

Have you tried your NWS lately :confused:

I'll keep listening. I set the hit counter on it this morning, and had no hits on it when I checked several hours later.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

Yes, the NWS is fine, Phoenix FD VHF is fine (K-1 doesn't seem to be simulcasting with A-1 at all today, by the way). Luke AFB's 400 MHz trunked system is fine. The RWC and Maricopa County trunked systems are fine.

I just haven't heard the FPS. I doubt that they would have reduced the coverage footprint on their repeater.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

Just a correction. Apparantly K-1 is not being carried on the White Tanks, South Mtn, Thompson Peak or Towers Mtn sites. Those are the sites I've been using to listen to the K- and L-decks.
I'm not sure about the other K-deck talkgroups. I need to do some more listening for that as well.

John
Peoria

ecps92

Maybe a Repeater problem , with a reduced power (all speculation)

Yes, the NWS is fine, Phoenix FD VHF is fine (K-1 doesn't seem to be simulcasting with A-1 at all today, by the way). Luke AFB's 400 MHz trunked system is fine. The RWC and Maricopa County trunked systems are fine.

I just haven't heard the FPS. I doubt that they would have reduced the coverage footprint on their repeater.

John
Peoria

Kars10az

John
Peoria

John,

I don't know what you mean by K1 not simulcasting with A1. I listen most of the day, both VHF and RWC, and I haven't noticed that K1 has disappeared at all. I think you've made this comment in the past, and I never noticed it. As far as I can tell, K1 and A1 have stayed in sync.

Ed

KB7MIB

I made a follow-up comment to that. I guess you didn't see it. I use the IR's (White Tanks, et al) to listen to the K- and L-decks, instead of the simulcast sites such as B or G to listen to them, as there is no multipath issues with the IR's making the TG's much easier to follow. However, the IR's are not currently carrying the K-decks right now, so I wasn't hearing them.

The previous instance, around the last time that they were testing "Samantha" or when they first went full time with her, either K-1 was not simulcasting with A-1, or the IR's weren't carrying it for a period of several hours that day. I made a follow up to that comment as well, when I was able to hear it again.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

I have finally been able to hear the FPS again.
I still don't know why I wasn't able to hear it for awhile there, but they are receivable up here in Peoria again.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.