Peoria Police no longer being carried on the White Tanks IR

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

It appears that Peoria PD is no longer being carried on the White Tanks IR site. They are still being carried on Simulcast G full time, and the Towers Mtn IR site at least part time, when a unit is affiliated.

It should also be noted that the FD's K-deck TG's are not being carried on the White Tanks, South Mtn or Thompson Peak IR's, as they were in the past. I haven't heard the L-decks either, and as some have mentioned in the Super Bowl XLIX thread I started, they've been active recently. I need to more closely listen over the next day or two, to confirm that, however

I don't know why these talkgroups have become inactive on these IR's. I can guess that they were taking up too much time on the available frequencies, and they needed to vacate it to make room for the increased G-deck, O-deck and other activity related to the Super Bowl, et al, but that's just a guess.
Does this mean that they'll be back on White Tanks some time after February 1st? I have no idea.
And, of course, my guess could be wrong.

BTW, Surprise PD is still being carried on the White Tanks IR site in addition to Simulcast G. They are not on the Towers Mtn IR.

John
Peoria

Kars10az

With all the additional TGs being used for the Phoenix Open and the Superbowl activities, bandwidth was needed on the RWC. Since there aren't enough frequencies to go around to begin with, they are temporarily re-allocating their resources, especially in the west Valley, where a lot of the radios will be used. Everything should start getting back to normal next week.

It seems to me that the primary sites being used by the sports events are Thompson Peak, North Mountain, South Mountain and White Tank, along with a little bit of non-critical stuff being carried on A and B simuls.

Ed

KB7MIB

They could use a mobile system, or 3, like Mesa has. Put one at the stadium, put one at the TPC, put one downtown. Link them via microwave.

John
Peoria

Kars10az

They could use a mobile system, or 3, like Mesa has. Put one at the stadium, put one at the TPC, put one downtown. Link them via microwave.

John
Peoria

They could if they had 'em. There's still only so many frequencies licensed to the City. You'd have to rob Peter to pay Paul and shuffle around frequencies from the current pool, or get more frequencies allocated. Neither is an easy task, and this system has already cost us way too much money. The politicians would much rather spend your tax dollars on artwork or anything else that gives them warm fuzzies, and having more frequencies isn't something they can wave in front of the residents and justify increasing taxes.

Ed

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
They could if they had 'em. There's still only so many frequencies licensed to the City. You'd have to rob Peter to pay Paul and shuffle around frequencies from the current pool, or get more frequencies allocated. Neither is an easy task, and this system has already cost us way too much money. The politicians would much rather spend your tax dollars on artwork or anything else that gives them warm fuzzies, and having more frequencies isn't something they can wave in front of the residents and justify increasing taxes.

Ed

Heh... I can't help but chuckle, considering that at one point the RWC and TRWC were the same animal, meaning that the Mesa temporary repeater sites could have been used but then Mesa decided to take their ball and go home to start their own cooperative. Now we have twice the bureaucracy, twice the bandwidth issues and (heh) twice the taxpayer expense.

Of course, rumor has it that sometime they will again merge the two cooperatives - no doubt at even more taxpayer expense to figure out what resources there are now TWO of. Oh what fun it must be to play with a never ending stream of tax dollars. :roll:

-AZ

Kars10az

Heh... I can't help but chuckle, considering that at one point the RWC and TRWC were the same animal, meaning that the Mesa temporary repeater sites could have been used but then Mesa decided to take their ball and go home to start their own cooperative. Now we have twice the bureaucracy, twice the bandwidth issues and (heh) twice the taxpayer expense.

Of course, rumor has it that sometime they will again merge the two cooperatives - no doubt at even more taxpayer expense to figure out what resources there are now TWO of. Oh what fun it must be to play with a never ending stream of tax dollars. :roll:

-AZ

Rumor is floating about, from a reliable source, that Mesa FD will be going back to VHF, probably utilizing their P25 system in much the same fashion as Phoenix FD does. Just rumor.

Ed

KB7MIB

If the mobile systems are low power, and utilize directional antennas, the frequencies could be reused if they were far enough apart, couldn't they? Or even program them with some of the simulcast or IR site frequencies.
For example, use a mobile system with Simulcast J frequencies at the Phoenix Open. Use a mobile system with Simulcast C frequencies at the stadium. And use a mobile system with Mt. Gillen (Far North Mtn at 7th Ave and Carefree Highway) frequencies downtown.

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

Peoria PD has been back on the White Tanks IR since the week following the Super Bowl.

Phoenix FD, however, has not returned to the IR's, with the exception of K-2 on Thompson Peak and K-6 on Towers Mtn that I heard this afternoon.

My reception of Simulcast G, let alone Simulcast B, is marginal at best, so I no longer listen to the K-deck TG's.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.