Mesa PD Districts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kars10az

Just a dumb question. In RR, the Mesa PD districts are listed by number, but on the Mesa PD website, the beat maps are by name. Does anyone have a list that links the names with the numbers? I've figured out a couple, but not so much on a couple others.

Thanks,
Ed

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I rarely listen to Mesa, but I think these are correct. If anyone can confirm, I will update the DB to make the channels more descriptive.

3000 Dobson
3001 Dobson Talk (Encrypted)
3003 Central
3004 Central Talk (Encrypted)
3006 Red Mountain
3007 Red Mountain (Encrypted)
3009 Superstition
3010 Superstition (Encrypted)

Here are district maps:
http://www.mesaaz.gov/police/MyPoliceDistrict.aspx

Kars10az

The link on the Mesa site says Dobson, but the beat map says Fiesta. I'm assuming the name was changed, but I don't know which is the current name.

Associating the channel with the district really helps a lot. Thank you.

Ed

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Should I be able to hear these from Tempe (near Ikea)?

You *should*, but the TRWC network is a bigger piece of cra... uhh, pain to monitor ;) than the RWC itself. Simulcast distortion and crappy signal strength in that area make it nearly impossible to pull them in from there. Not that you missed much - other than the fire ops on F-2 today, most of what was going on with today's shooting incident was kept on encrypted channels.

It would be nice if TRWC simulcasted Mesa F2 on the new Thompson Peak site they put up recently. Dispatch and channel 3 end up on there quite a bit, but I never hear channel 2 on there where all the major stuff happens. Too bad too, because I can pick that tower up from just about everywhere.

-AZ

Kars10az

I wasn't home yesterday to monitor any of the incident in Mesa, but I do log what channels I hear and on which sites, and Mesa FD 2 was being heard off the Thompson Peak site, and I'm in Southwest Tempe. I normally don't have too much trouble picking up Mesa stuff at my house. It's a shame I had to be at the doctor's office during that cluster yesterday. I learned about it when DPS broadcast all the information to their units, who, I think, responded to assist.

Ed
K9EDK

You *should*, but the TRWC network is a bigger piece of cra... uhh, pain to monitor ;) than the RWC itself. Simulcast distortion and crappy signal strength in that area make it nearly impossible to pull them in from there. Not that you missed much - other than the fire ops on F-2 today, most of what was going on with today's shooting incident was kept on encrypted channels.

It would be nice if TRWC simulcasted Mesa F2 on the new Thompson Peak site they put up recently. Dispatch and channel 3 end up on there quite a bit, but I never hear channel 2 on there where all the major stuff happens. Too bad too, because I can pick that tower up from just about everywhere.

-AZ

Kars10az

I pick up occasional radio traffic on 3012 (Dist 5?), but haven't been able to relate it to a specific district name..

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I was able to listen to Mesa today to confirm some channel usage with addresses and officer call signs. I also researched the police division names online as there appears to have been some division name changes over the years.

Mesa Police refer to their dispatch talkgroups by channel number. Below are the talkgroups, channel numbers, and associated "Police Divisions".

3000 - Ch. 1 - Fiesta Police Division
3003 - Ch. 2 - Central Police Division
3006 - Ch. 3 - Red Mountain Police Division
3009 - Ch. 4 - Superstition Police Division

Each police division also has a "Talk" channel that is encrypted. I have not heard officers refer to these with channel numbers. They always just say "Go to talk" when they want another officer to switch to the talk channel.
3001 - Fiesta Police Division Talk
3004 - Central Police Division Talk
3007 - Red Mountain Police Division Talk
3010 - Superstition Police Division Talk

If I had to guess, they would have "decks" like Phoenix using the ABC selector switch on radios. A Deck might be Dispatch, B Deck might be talk, and C Deck might be HOT. Next time you see a Mesa PD officer in a restaurant over lunch, look at the display on their radio and let us know how they are displayed.

Maps and more information on Police Division can be found on the City of Mesa website.
City of Mesa : Departments & Divisions

I am still confused on the usage of Mesa HOT talkgroups that the DB has listed. If anyone can help clear these up, that would be very helpful.
3005 - DB shows this as NOT Encrypted
3008 - not in DB, fits into talkgroup numbering

I will update the DB with better descriptions for Mesa PD channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.