RWC Site A: PhxPD A and B Deck Patrols much more interesting than usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwier

As the Thread Title says. A lot of what I'm hearing on A and B Patrols tonight has been on C (E) lately. Anyone agree, or just my imagination?

rwier

A Unit just asked Dispatch "Where did you take regular traffic?" She answered " **** 13 *** " (I only understood the 13).

Also, I just realized, after about 90 minutes of listening, I have not heard the instruction "Switch to C Deck".

KB7MIB

Once in awhile, Peoria will keep hot traffic on A-1 Dispatch (clear) and move regular traffic to A-3 Hot (encrypted).
Maybe Phoenix is doing this with some calls that start out mundane on A/B, and are moving units not involved to C-deck and keeping the hot traffic on A/B when it develops into something more, so the officers already on scene don't have to mess with switching channels in the middle of everything else they're dealing with? (You could easily 'overshoot' the clicks and end up on D- or E-deck while under stress.)

John
Peoria

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
As the Thread Title says. A lot of what I'm hearing on A and B Patrols tonight has been on C (E) lately. Anyone agree, or just my imagination?
I have been hearing them often all week say "on C deck.." to tell units to use other freq as opposed to the one I am hearing in the clear

Right now though I am hearing on TG 2980 (South Mountain) a pretty hot call re: auto thief suspects, one dropped a "magazine" and they have gotten a couple of the guys, they are getting air support and I am hearing "live police action!" like the ads for the scanners say ha ha. I am getting the scoop for sure today. I would usually not hear such hotness in the clear however

But yes I HAVE heard them referring to "go to C deck" all week, so theres that then. Not sure if this call I am listening to is *supposed* to be on C deck, if C is in the clear, or if this just happens to be in the clear and they are not concerning themselves with C deck.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have noticed in the last few months when they are searching for a suspect and setting up a perimeter, they will keep on A/B deck. I'm not sure if this is procedural or they don't want to cause confusion by having many units switch channels in the middle of a pursuit.

It seems if an incident escalates quickly, they sometimes keep on A/B decks. If a only couple officers are initially dispatched to a hot call (like a reported fight in progress) they are asked to switch to C deck as they respond.

ddanz

Premium Subscriber
If an incident starts out cold and then turns hot because of fleeing suspect, shots fired, etc it will stay on a precinct channel and non-responding units will switch. The theory is: the guy who just got into it has enough to do without messing with his radio!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.