Regional Dispatch Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

InlandAZ

For you Fire guys, this one's been bugging me for a few days - Under the dispatch locations I frequently see a city designation of DSY. What the heck is DSY?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
DSY = Daisy Mountain FD

There was just a 962 dispatched for Rescue 142 and Ladder 145. Those are Daisy Mountain FD resources.

Last edited:

azmedic

DSY - Daisy Mountain
SUR - Surprise
SUN - Sun City
ELM - El Mirage
GDY - Goodyear
MRC - Unincorporated Maricopa County (Generally RMFD areas)
AVO - Avondale
GLN - Glendale
TOL - Tolleson
BUV - Buckeye Valley FD
BUC - Buckeye
HRQ - Harquahala
TON - Tonopah
SCT - Scottsdale
GUA - Guadalupe
TMP - Tempe
CHA - Chandler
SCW - Sun City West

KB7MIB

WIT = Wittmann

IIRC, a week or two ago, units Z71, Z72 and Z73, I believe it was, were out on Patton Rd for training on A6. I meant to ask at the time who they were, but didn't get a chance to do so.

John
Peoria

azmedic

Those are PD units I believe. Theres a range way out by 194th and Deer Valley or so that I see them show up on CAD from time to time

KB7MIB

DPS uses Zebra ID's for their GIITEM: Gang and Immigration Intelligence Team Enforcement Mission officers.
Some city PD's use Zebra as the callsign for their tactical team members. I know Peoria's TOU does.

But why would they be on A6, and on the Phoenix FD CAD?

John
Peoria

Kars10az

DPS uses Zebra ID's for their GIITEM: Gang and Immigration Intelligence Team Enforcement Mission officers.
Some city PD's use Zebra as the callsign for their tactical team members. I know Peoria's TOU does.

But why would they be on A6, and on the Phoenix FD CAD?

John
Peoria

I believe the Zebra 70* units are Glendale PD, but it's been a long time since I've worked in the Alarm Room when they were called out. They are Tactical Ops guys/gals, combined PD/FD, unless they've changed that.

Ed

KB7MIB

I believe the Zebra 70* units are Glendale PD, but it's been a long time since I've worked in the Alarm Room when they were called out. They are Tactical Ops guys/gals, combined PD/FD, unless they've changed that.

Ed

Ah, I forgot that some of the tactical teams include FD medics. That makes sense, then. Thanks.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.