Scanner Get-togethers in Phoenix area?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I know of the SERMS meetings in Tuscon but I was wondering if there are any organized scanner clubs or get-togethers in the Phoenix area?

Having been spoiled with 30 years of CARMA meetings in Chicago I am having withdrawals now that I live in the NW Valley!

Anyone interested in doing something out here?

ecps92

CARMA-SouthWest Retirement Zone
CARMA-Florida Retirement Zone

:cool:

I know of the SERMS meetings in Tuscon but I was wondering if there are any organized scanner clubs or get-togethers in the Phoenix area?

Having been spoiled with 30 years of CARMA meetings in Chicago I am having withdrawals now that I live in the NW Valley!

Anyone interested in doing something out here?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
One slight correction - SEARM - South East Arizona Radio Monitoring group :)

Thanks for the plug. We really would love to see some new faces ....

3rd Saturday of every month at the Village Inn on Speedway Blvd in Tucson, 6pm until ???

KB7MIB

There used to be a get together at a resturant off the 51 freeway and Camelback? Thomas? I've only been to it once, and that was many years ago. I don't know if they're still doing it.

John
Peoria

N9JIG

Sheriff
I was talking about this a week or 2 ago with another Valley scannist and we both want to move on setting up some sort of regular Valley scanning get-together.

It is getting too close to Christmas for a December meet but perhaps sometime in January. We need a venue that will allow for an undetermined amount of guests and space to hold us. A restaurant backroom would be ideal, they worked well for CARMA meetings back in Illinois.

My first choice would be a Saturday lunch meet. While I live waaaaayyyyy out NW past the WTM, I would be willing to go almost anywhere in the Valley.

Phoenix805

I'd be interested in a January get together. I'm not much of a planner/organizer, but I'd be glad to show up and put a few faces with the names. Somewhere NW would be best for me, but I'm flexible.

oodnar

I would also be interested.
I am in far North Scottsdale, but am more than happy to travel.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Down here in Tucson, we've found that the Village Inn allows us to gather in a large group and take over a section of the restaurant that has access to power :) We need that for our demos.

We've met at two different VI's with the same positive reception from the management. Unfortunately, they don't have a meeting room, but we've also kept the radio traffic down to a dull roar, only 4 or 5 of them running, while we gather.

We also meet on Saturday night, 6-8pm, when they are likely to have a low crowd in the restaurant.

Good luck on finding a location. Please post with enough advance notice where and when. I'd love to make it once in a while.

oodnar

Just an idea ....
The new Denny's at Scottsdale and Mayo have a meeting room and a great coffee selection.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I'm in for sometime in January! Anywhere in the Valley is fine with me. Denny's with a meeting room sounds like a pretty good option. Any other places that would have a party or meeting room?

Quint6

any date, time. location for get together yet ?
maybe some where in the middle of the valley would be good

Status
Not open for further replies.