Grand Canyon NP Database Listing Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Why is the most complete and most current database listing for Grand Canyon National Park listed on the Coconino County pages?

I've been checking for updates under "Areawide" frequencies as there is a U.S. Government link there. I though that, just like state agencies, the federal agencies belonged at the first page of each state's listings. I keep up with all the national park, national forest, BLM district, and national wildlife refuge in the western U.S. I have no idea nor do I necessarily have any interest in what county these units are located in. I have quick access to them by just bringing up each state and clicking on the links under the Areawide links. If I had to hunt and peck under individual counties it would be very difficult to keep up with what I use the database for.

It is bad enough in the west when a federal agency is listed under a county, but in eastern state listings, given some states have hundreds of counties, it can be a very tedious and time consuming task if the federal agencies are buried in individual county listings.

I happened to check the Coconino County listings and found the Grand Canyon listing there and it looks like I've missed out on more than one year's updates. I've got a trip planned to the north rim in the fall and would have missed out unless I checked out the county listings to make sure my Coconino S.O. information was up to date and in the case of the Arizona Strip, with no incorporated towns I wasn't going to scroll down.

If state agencies have listings on the first page of a state's listing, why is this national park buried in one county? The park is listed under the areawide listings, but is not being updated. I assumed the areawide listing for the park was current.

**Edit and Additional Information**

A good example of what I'm saying can be illustrated if Crater Lake National Park is considered. If one is not familiar with Oregon and did not know what county it was in it would take some time to open a few county pages and scroll through each one to find this park. Compare how quick it is when a national park is listed under the areawide listing under the appropriate agency's link.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Reworked.

Many thanks, my agency section on my home page will now indicate the changes in the "AZ U.S. Government" tab. This took some time consuming work and it is appreciated. I need to submit more frequency information for Arizona as the NIFC aircraft frequency list is outdated. The VHF-AM frequencies are regulated by the FAA and are authorized on a yearly basis and many changes occur each year. I have some information indicating what frequencies are pre authorized for initial attack and new frequencies are assigned for a fire lasting more than one day on a case by case basis. I need to find my 2015 aviation map and submit the initial attack VHF-AM frequencies authorized for each zone.

The BLM listing needs to be reorganized into a list where all frequencies are listed by BLM district instead of frequency order. I have some new frequency information for the Arizona Strip District. In some other western states the BLM listings are not organized by BLM District. A BLM District, is at the same level as a National Forest and the BLM listings should follow suit. BLM Field Offices, always part of a BLM District are similar in function as a National Forest Ranger District and are not listed on a ranger district by ranger district basis, so the BLM listings should be the same. We don't have frequency order listings for all National Forest listings in each state, so why the BLM frequencies are lumped together in a frequency order for everything they have in a state is confusing. It is not consistent with the listings for National Parks, National Wildlife Refuges and National Forests. Often there are different BLM Field Offices in a single District and sometimes the same frequency is used for all the Field Offices. Sometimes Districts in the same state use the same frequency due to distance and/or topographical features that ensure that interference does not occur. A frequency order list cause confusion when that is the case.

The time frame for my submissions is very slow now as a health condition makes me sleepy most of the day.

Last edited:

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
BLM is on my list to do.

I deleted most of the NIFC ground frequencies as they are in the WIKI under the NIFC.

Also, I modified the verbiage to show Air frequencies used in the past.

I monitor the air activity every where I go in AZ. The posted freqs listed within the WIKI NIFC, sometimes are not used due to frequency conflicts. Some of the conflicts originate outside of the USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.