Mesa simulcast/hand held antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

madboma

Hey guy's my name is Rick, been lurking the forum for a bit. I decided to get back into the hobby. I was in it for a little bit around 2002-2004. Before all this trunking and digital I believe.

I picked up a pro 668 and got a hold on how to set up playlists/play-sets and get some what of a grasp of how the trunking/site thing works from this forum. I was not getting Mesa/Gilbert pd really at all with the stock antenna so I picked up the RS 800 and it's a lot better. Picking up way more than i did with the stock antenna but most of the time its choppy/gargled, every once in a while its good. Now I've searched and I realize that its just the way it is cause everybody and there mother is using/sharing it.

My main question is... Are there any better handheld antennas that I could try before even thinking about putting an antenna in the attic or on the back patio roof next the channel master? lol I like the handheld units. I like to be able to listen in the living-room while playing xbox after my daughter go's to bed and wife go's to the room watch tv. lol. I'm really not into the base thing much.

Im located smack dab in the middle between highly and greenfield off of baseline. I've adjusted the thresholds and turned the dsp level to 52,which has helped. I miss the older day's lol no digital trunking, I could hear mostly everything. I guess more reliable for the "users" not for the "listeners" though. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.