396xt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyou26

Premium Subscriber
Just received it today . Downloaded freescan r/r full member for downloads. Seemed pretty easy to figure out , not so much. Live out in west valley trying to program Surprise pd/fire, el mirage pd and all luke afb . I Keep getting finding control channel. I tried a bunch of different settings and I cant figure out what setting or step im missing. Display shows white tanks regional , surprise pd 4301 so I think im close ? Any help would be appreciated.

Voyager

Sounds like a control channel might be missing. Perhaps it was changed. Check the list of control channels and see if you get any activity on any of them. How close are you to the respective sites of those systems?

jlyou26

Premium Subscriber
all control channels are in and match r/r website. would say 5/6 miles . well with -in reach . im sure its a p25 setting of some sort im missing

Voyager

And you are seeing activity on one of the control channels for each system?

Do you perhaps have an orphaned system that was there before your update from RR?

jlyou26

Premium Subscriber
I see signal strength at max just no audio , and searching for control channel. I already reinstalled firmware and started over .

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
Make sure you have it programmed as the correct type of system. If the control channel's strength is max yet it still says searching for control channel then something isn't right. Are you using the closest site?

jlyou26

Premium Subscriber
yes closest site. I have tried every option and uploaded from 800- p25 one frq trunk . p25 one freq trunk is only one seems to show tgid . just no sound ? im sure its one of these setting but not being familiar with it , like a needle in a hay stack right now.

Voyager

There is no trunked system called "Luke" in the RR dB (according to the search function).

Is what you're trying to program a conventional P25 channel? If so, just program it as a conventional channel with the mode set to Digital Only.

It's also time to list specific things you are trying to program with RR URLs if possible.

teufler

Try this file

Goty Luke in the Air Force section, dropped Kessler, and Altus AFB's. Here is a file that is probably too much but you can delete or lock out groups and systems you dont want. But Surprise pd, El Mirage, and Luke are in the file.

Attachments

• MARICOPA CTY AZ.zip
    15.7 KB · Views: 87

Voyager

Have a RR URL? - Ahhh... I think your filename gives a hint - AZ.

Update: Nope. Not finding any TRS called Luke in AZ.

Update 2: I think I found it:
http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7769

Are the following the control channels you have?
408.96250a 409.36250a 409.56250a 410.16250c

Last edited:

Voyager

Posting in a new post for emphasis. In that zipped file, the system is programmed as Motorola Type II/P25. It needs to be programmed as P25 Standard.

That would cause a "finding control channel" symptom since it's looking for the wrong type of control channel.

Just realized the zip file was not posted by the OP. So, if the zip file is correct, the RRdB is wrong and you need to do the opposite of the first line and change it to Motorola Type II / P25.

Last edited:

teufler

the uhf for Luke AFB, has the 4 frequencies you mentioned. Th 800 stuff, Regional Wireless has sites programmed as p25 standard, even though ther system has moto type II/p25. Question, if the sites are programmed correctly, that should work, at least downloded from RR, its what they have. For Luke, it would have been nice to get the air frequencies plugged in

Voyager

Not sure what to say, but RR lists both Luke and RWC as P25 systems, and the zip file has them programmed as Motorola Type II/P25. It has to be one or the other, so one of those two are wrong. If you DLed from RR, and it says Finding Control Channel, I would change the type to Motorola Type II/P25 and see if that solves the issue.

KB7MIB

At least as far as the main patrol talkgroups are concerned:

Peoria and Surprise PD's are carried on both Simulcast G and the White Tanks IR full time.

Peoria PD is carried on the Towers Mtn IR part time, when a radio affiliates with it. (Some of the secondary clear TG's such as A-4 Events apparantly are only on Simulcast G.)

Glendale PD is carried on both Simulcast G and currently on Simulcast A. (I assume it will switch back over to Simulcast B once the upgrade with B is finalized. Simulcast B is not in the RRDB at this time due to that upgrade, as the new 700 MHz frequencies are not yet publicly known.)

El Mirage and Avondale PD's are only carried on Simulcast G.

Goodyear PD is carried on both Simulcast's G and J.

Buckeye PD is only carried on Simulcast J.

Phoenix FD is 99% on the simulcast sites only. (On rare occassions, a TG may pop up on the Towers Mtn or Thompson Peak IR sites. It's been this way since the Superbowl. Before that, PFD was carried full time on most of the IR's as well as the simulcast sites.)

Simulcast reception is hit or miss, due to multipath issues. So you may have issues with receiving El Mirage PD and PFD even if you get it working.

I have a GRE PSR-500, and the setting is P25 Auto for both the RWC and the Luke AFB trunked systems if that helps any.

And here's Luke's VHF and UHF air band frequencies, if you don't already have them:

Military Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

John
Peoria

Last edited:

jlyou26

Premium Subscriber
thanks for all the suggestions. look fwd to getting it going after work . will keep you guys posted , thanks again for helping me try and figure this out.

Voyager

When you do, please post the system type that works, as there is conflicting info between the file and RR.

jlyou26

Premium Subscriber
I was able to figure this out so far .

1. If I set to p25 one freq , Its no longer searching for control channel. Still just scans and picks up nothing. If I manually go to a tgid and hold its showing 3-4 bars constant.

2. I changed the threshold value to 50 and did get a random tgid but not what I was looking for. So I started changing value one by one to see if it changed anything. The random tgid went away but I did not gain what I was looking for. I gave up after 2 hours .

Have no clue.

Status
Not open for further replies.