RWC

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Correct if I am wrong and I know someone will, but the RWC radio system isn't actually a simulcast system is it? Assigned frequencies appear to be only used at one site making this is a multicast system. If it were simulcast then the frequencies would actually be used at more than one site and the transmitters would have highly stable Trak GPS clocks on them right?

KB7MIB

Each of the simulcast systems (A, B, C, F, G, H & J) have multiple transmit sites, each using the same set of frequencies.

For example, G has transmitters (that I know of) at the main Peoria police station at 83rd Ave and Cinnabar, the Greenway water treatment plant just east of 75th Ave, a site in Avondale, and I believe at the police substation/fire station 195 on Lake Pleasant Blvd. (There may be other sites, as I don't think these 4 would cover all of the West Valley.)

So, it's a combination of simulcast and multicast.

John
Peoria

AZDon

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Well that explains that, it actually is a simulcast system. Its a nice system with plenty of redundancy. Will be interesting to see how it expands and improves for years to follow.

Don
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.