Tucson PD & Pima Cty Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lwolf1313

I'll be visiting Tucson, AZ. and want to monitor both the Tucson and the Pima County Sheriff. I will be arounnd the intersections of Speedway and Swan rd. I'll have them setup in two different banks so I can listen to one or the other or both. The site shows I think 10 simulcast sites for both. Which of the 10 should I use for them?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
There are actually only three simulcast sites.

If you are going to be at Swan and Speedway, Simulcast A and/or B should work fine. Fine being the operative word as it relates to simulcast. This will allow you to monitor PCSO and TPD.

You may encounter some distortion of the voice signals due to the simulcast issues with any of the useable scanners. That said, I am on Sim A/B while anywhere in the Tucson city limits.

Enjoy !

Lwolf1313

Simulcast A and B

Ok, I will try that when I go. I actually have all the PCWIN sites in the scanner now and just the TPD and PCSO talkgroups programmed and from my house in Queen Creek, AZ. I heard a little traffic, very little but did hear something. So just Simulcast A/B for both of those departments from that location or from anywhere in Tucson?

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Simulcast North will get you PCSO's North activity, Oro Valley PD, and the northern area FD's.

Some occasional TPD/TFD activity leaks through here, but it isn't the primary for those folks.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Ok, I will try that when I go. I actually have all the PCWIN sites in the scanner now and just the TPD and PCSO talkgroups programmed and from my house in Queen Creek, AZ. I heard a little traffic, very little but did hear something. So just Simulcast A/B for both of those departments from that location or from anywhere in Tucson?

Anywhere in town for Sim A/B.

If you are in town, I wouldn't waste time scanning the other sites for TPD activity. In fact, they don't even affiliate to some of those other sites for the main traffic. The result for you if you do add the sites, will likely be missed traffic, or really crappy sound quality.

Personally, while I can hear on A or B, I usually pick A over B.

Status
Not open for further replies.