151.625, D244

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Hearing interesting comms on 151.625, D244 (Itinerant Business channel) from the far NW Valley. One party ID's as "Base Camp" and there are several units he is speaking to. One of the units sounds like they are in a helicopter but several others are out of range for me.

Phoenix805

Interesting - I'll have to listen for awhile and see if I can catch anything. I have it in my notes that some Target stores use that freq, but I can't imagine why they'd use base camp or someone that sounds like they're in a helicopter.

N9JIG

Sheriff
It is a common itinerant business freq and I often hear disparate users. This one was particularly interesting and at least the Base Camp was close by and very string at my place. I am west of the White Tanks and there is not a lot of radio stuff here so it was noteworthy.

Phoenix805

West of the White Tanks? Wow, I'm surprised you hear ANYTHING except White Tank repeaters! I put the scanner on the roof antenna and listened for about an hour yesterday and heard absolutely nothing, but that's not too surprising. I have a dumb question but I'm going to ask anyway, it wasn't 161 and not 151, was it? Several of the news media use 161.xxx for helicopter ops in the Phoenix area. Just a thought.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Yeah, it is kind of a radio quiet zone out here but I do pretty well in spite of it.

Yes, it is definitely 151.625. I almost always have that in a radio, you never know who is going to pop up on it.

KB7MIB

Paragliders who fly off South Mtn use 151.505. Anyone living in Ahwatukee should have no problem hearing them when they're flying.
Anyway, I need to take a day drive out Sun Valley Parkway, and/or down Vulture Mine Rd from Wikenburg to Buckeye and see if I hear anything on 151.625. Is there any particular time of day that they're active?

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.