Estrella Mountain tower ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quint6

Does Regional Wireless Cooperative (RWC) have a tower on
the Estrella Mountain's maybe for Goodyear ?

Quint6

Tks I'm only getting Surprise Police & Peoria Police super clear from the White Tanks site
but nothing from G Site from Gilbert If G is on the White Tanks too, why can't I get that site
Also is there any other Police Dept's or Fire channels using the White Tanks site
Goodyear Police is using Site G ?

Phoenix805

G (Glendale - NW Valley) uses 8 (I think) sites in the NW Valley, but they do NOT use White Tanks.

J (Buckeye - SW Valley) has 4 (I think) sites, 3 in the far SW Valley near the Estrellas and 1 on the NW side of the White Tanks.

<but nothing from G Site from Gilbert>
I'm not sure if you mean you can't get G from your location in Gilbert (you won't, it's too far away) or if you mean nothing from Gilbert (like Gilbert PD) on the G site (you won't, Gilbert doesn't use the G sites).

Trying to decipher what groups use what sites can be a real challenge! I tried to figure some of them out but between changing info, misleading info, conflicting info, etc, I pretty much gave up!

I hope this helps a little and doesn't confuse you more :)

rpgaun

Premium Subscriber
If I’m not mistaken (and I could be) Simulcast H carries most of the east side traffic.

Phoenix805

Yep, H is considered Scottsdale and has either 6 or 7 sites and also covers the NE Valley, Paradise Valley, Carefree & Cave Creek.

I believe F (Tempe) has 5 sites and C (Chandler) has 2.

KB7MIB

G - Phoenix 200/800/900; Glendale; Peoria; El Mirage; Surprise; Avondale; Goodyear; Phoenix FD

J - Buckeye (100% encrypted); Goodyear; Phoenix FD

White Tanks - Peoria; Surprise

Towers Mtn - Peoria (sometimes); Phoenix FD K-6 (sometimes)

Glendale and Avondale can also be heard on B.

The G and Ocean interoperability talkgroups as well as the Maricopa County Community College District (MCCCD) security can be heard on most of them.

Quintero is a gated community west of Lake Pleasant on the north side of Carefree Highway, served by the City of Peoria, and that IR serves that community. I've never heard it due to distance. I don't know if it's full time, or only active when a user's radio is within range and affiliated to it.

John
Peoria

Quint6

Thanks for the info, I think Site J is the answer for Goodyear & Phoenix Fire West side

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
The RWC does not currently have a tower on the Estrellas. When the RWC was first coming online between 2004-2006 (called PRWN originally), there was an intellirepeater on the Estrellas. The RWC Estrella site went offline around the time Simulcast J and the newer "High Sites" came online around 2010-2012.

Below is a list of FCC licenses on the Estrellas.

FCC Callsign Proximity Search: N 33.230202 W -112.218519 Range: 4
FCC Callsign Proximity Search: N 33.309641 W -112.321719 Range: 4
FCC Callsign Proximity Search: N 33.348111111111 W -112.386 Range: 1

Last edited:

Quint6

Tks for the info. I thought site G was on the white tanks too , that explains why I can get the White Tank site and nothing from G. From the corner of my street in Gilbert, I have got clear view of the White Tanks, in the horizon and I can see another Mountain directly NE looking on maps
I think it's the Wickenburg Mountains

Quint6

Thanks for the info
Site J has a tower near Sun City Festival in North Buckeye
Looking at the clear line of site from my street. I see lower hills between the White Tanks
and that other Mountain range to the North , that lower hill area should be around Surprise/North Buckeye where there is Site J tower.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info
Site J has a tower near Sun City Festival in North Buckeye
Looking at the clear line of site from my street. I see lower hills between the White Tanks
and that other Mountain range to the North , that lower hill area should be around Surprise/North Buckeye where there is Site J tower.

In a previous post, you mentioned you are in Gilbert. Even if you were in Northwest Gilbert, that would put you 50 miles as the crow flies to that Simulcast J tower site by Sun City Festival. Considering the elevation difference between that site and Gilbert, even if you had an antenna up 30 feet in the air, the line of sight distance would only be about 25 miles. (This is also not considering other terrain, buildings, and antenna directionality).

It is safe to assume that unless you have a high tower with a directional antenna, you are out of range of Simulcast G and J from Gilbert.

You can receive White Tanks as that transmitter is at a considerably higher elevation than any of the Simulcast G or J transmitters. The line of sight distance, considering the elevation of Gilbert and the White Tanks transmitter, would be about 60-65 miles. So unless you have some high terrain in the way, you are within line of sight for that transmitter.

Last edited:

caphab1

Transmitters Mapped

Hey all!

I had mapped what I believe most of the transmitters for this system around the valley a few months back. Got some great feedback that members thought was useful and enjoyable. There are a few on there that are more than likely not accurate and I have not had time to remove them. When I get a moment, I will use the links for Cellphones post to update!

RWC Sites 8.13.15

Quint6

Tks. Is Chandler PD now dispatching all 3 pct's. on 1 dispatch channel

caphab1

Tks. Is Chandler PD now dispatching all 3 pct's. on 1 dispatch channel

Not sure, my 996xt was acting crazy last night monitoring the C Deck of the RWC.. but there was no traffic being heard on there common Dispatch A/B/C channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.