Gila River new system ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quint6

Gila River new system EMS/ambulance TG's ? and is the police now digital and not enc. on the new system ?

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I heard them playing a few weeks ago on Ocean Deck. They were using O9-O15. Different fire fighters were testing mobile and portable radios at many locations around the reservation. I was monitoring the South Mountain and Sacaton sites. For interoperability, all of their radios will likely have K, L, G, and O Decks on the RWC. I also frequently hear them on K Deck when working with Phoenix Fire near Ahwatukee.

Maybe they are considering joining the RWC?

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I am listening to Ocean12 right now. Their dispatch is multicasting on Ocean12 on RWC and Talkgroup 7002 (PD Dispatch) on the Gila River Trunk System.

Mobile units seem to be split between Ocean 12 and their 7002 PD Dispatch talkgroup. Mobiles are not being multicast on both talkgroups.

Same is happening with Ocean9 and their Fire Dispatch Talkgroup 8001.

Last edited:

KB7MIB

I have a fairly high signal strength off of 851.9125, the CC for the Gila River system, but not data sound at all, and no "T" to indicate that my scanner is following the trunking system.
Is it a P25 Phase I system, as the database states, or something else?
I can get data noise from the Salt River Thompson Peak CC, but no TG's because it's a Phase II system on my PSR-500.
If Gila River is a Phase I system, I should get the noise of the data stream on the CC channel, and I should be getting a trunking indication, and I should be getting TG's popping up. But I get nothing except a 4-bar signal strength, showing that something is there.

Yes, other systems are working as they should be.

Edit: There is a data channel on 851.8875, but I don't know what system it is. There's no info from the data stream showing in my scanner. I'm wondering if it's interfering with my reception of 851.9125?

John
Peoria

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I have a fairly high signal strength off of 851.9125, the CC for the Gila River system, but not data sound at all, and no "T" to indicate that my scanner is following the trunking system.
Is it a P25 Phase I system, as the database states, or something else?
I can get data noise from the Salt River Thompson Peak CC, but no TG's because it's a Phase II system on my PSR-500.
If Gila River is a Phase I system, I should get the noise of the data stream on the CC channel, and I should be getting a trunking indication, and I should be getting TG's popping up. But I get nothing except a 4-bar signal strength, showing that something is there.

Yes, other systems are working as they should be.

John
Peoria

Gila River is indeed a Phase I system. I frequently monitor it on BCD996XT and HP1. 851.9125 is the active control channel. Keep in mind it is simulcast. You might be having simulcast distortion if you can receive both the Komatke and South Mountain transmitters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.