Hoax Officer Down Call, Phoenix PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd7eir

So, the detectives were such upstanding citizens that they LIED and didn't bother to report that they had lost a radio? What a couple of morons!

Phoenix805

They should have immediately reported it as lost so the RWC could disable the radio. I think my agency lost 3 analog radios in about 20 years before the RWC digital era. One clown got on the radio and 'demanded' a reward for returning the radio. We told him we couldn't give him a reward, but we would be happy to have him arrested for possessing stolen property. He turned it over to a Circle K clerk who called us and we retrieved it. A second one was voluntarily turned back in.

The third one the clown kept repeating he needed a tow truck. We kept telling him we wanted the radio back. After a day or so the battery died and we never heard from him or saw the radio again. I suppose it's in a landfill somewhere.

kd7eir

I think they should deduct the cost of the massive response from their paychecks, and put them back on patrol duty with the commensurate cut in pay that losing their promotion would entail. Maybe getting a 50% cut in take home pay until they pay off the ENTIRE COST will help them remember to do the right thing next time.

I just cannot imagine what they were thinking. Mistakes happen - all they had to do was say "Damn, in the chaos of the shooting scene we misplaced a radio..."

Status
Not open for further replies.