Cochise Sheriff giving police radios to ranchers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Dona Ana County NM and Luna County NM have done this also since last couple of years. From what I know the radios were not exactly what the deputies used but as good, a model 1 while the deputies carry model 2 kenwoods. They were programmed for a few repeaters licensed to those counties using frequencies with decent repeater range that the dispatch centers monitor 24/7 and a deputy can go to a zone where his 4 primaries and 4 talk arounds are first followed by ranchers repeater set then simplex channels. No ucm modules were included and plugs locked with rx only for the main county sheriff channel. You will see this more along the border region. Cell coverage is non existent in rural border areas. A very good idea. These areas also are pro 2nd ammendment and encourage the rural home owners near border to carry. I know both Luna And Dona Ana use the same set of vhf conventional for rural ranchers. Not sure if it is a border wide thing or different in other areas. I have yet to hear any thing on those but they exist. I would start in the fcc database and see anything licensed to the county of Cochise and the repeater locations. It'll give a good idea if they are vhf or on a trs. The video has Magone bpr40 I believe they are radios. They are uhf or vhf analog conventional sets that are under 200 bucks maybe 150. Though they sell with the same antenna stock base that could be uhf or vhf.

Looking at the fcc db they have a few uhf but mostly vhf and I'm going to take a good guess since they used or did vhf for main operations the ranchers would be on vhf Magone 8 channel radios as a deputy with a vhf radio could easily scan or switch unless they installed vhf in the cars but according the rr db page they are temporary simulcasting sheriff 1 and 2 onto the trunking so the ranchers assigned sets would be vhf. I would look at the grant date and expiration. There was a few frequencies with special condition flags on the fcc db. I would start there. Just google fcc license search then once you are there click the box that says by name and in the text box type cochise, county of.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
Interesting but I'm thinking the xpr is a press shot of the deputy or oem holding his assigned portable. A typical press thing to do rather then show something basic they prefer showing a nice crisp fancy unit with a department logo on the lcd home screen and say a police radio rather then two way radio or transcievers. Sounds more headline catchy. Im willing to be it is the magone by motorola they been giving out since they cost allot less then a xpr. Already on a couple other back wood forum boards a few persons have been inquiring on how to unlock a Magone vhf and bypass the password dating last few weeks and Friday. But if they utilize trunking later on and issue portables onto it I am not going to be surprised if you get the group of I wanna hear too filing suit or crying why cant I get one too. Lol. Any sense I think it is a good idea for these folks. Specially if you know what goes on the media doesn't report on along the border. I am going to look at the other places using vhf frequencies for border region ranchers or homes compare and see if maybe it is a border wide channel plan or just whatever the fcc issues.

I imagine they did what 2 other areas did have rx only on actual police frequencies and the tx ones are seperate from your normal day to day leo operations.

Last edited:

Redneck0410

It's high time this country got tough on immigration... those who run will be shot. Why in the hell are we paying these guys to carry around heavy weaponry if they ain't gonna use it?

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

SCPD

QRT
It's high time this country got tough on immigration... those who run will be shot. Why in the hell are we paying these guys to carry around heavy weaponry if they ain't gonna use it?

Not to stray the topic but problem is the minute someone touches the issue of tighten things you get the group of people who twist it all and pull the race game card you just don't like us. We seen how that goes. What is more bad then the twister people is politicians who lie and tag along with those just to get a higher salary and election who could care less with the issues that exist. I am Hispanic myself and felt the border needs tougher immigration laws and enforcement. What those people who jump that twist wagon don't realize is the real threats that exist and the non Hispanics who cross illegally who go through the south Mexico border to get into the US not to mention criminals come and go back and forth freely. Most or all them twist wagon folks never lived on or near the actual border itself and are tied up into normal American way of life living but preach like they have. The ones who do live at the border live in a large city next to the border but where walls, fencing, cameras and heavy patrols are done and never lived on a rural area of the border where it all lacks.I have lived on the rural border before and I can tell you it is very tiring, stressful, heart breaking to go home to a broken into home several times or stolen vehicle later found trashed ran into a ditch a county over. I am wondering if CBP will jump on this and monitor these frequencies and ask the people to also use it to report suspicious activity to them. Since border ranches will see majority of what occurs you would think eventually this would occur. This radio idea will help those ranch families/homes allot. It will also allow neighbors down the road to be aware and possibly come to his fellow ranchers aid.

Redneck0410

Not to stray the topic but problem is the minute someone touches the issue of tighten things you get the group of people who twist it all and pull the race game card you just don't like us. We seen how that goes. What is more bad then the twister people is politicians who lie and tag along with those just to get a higher salary and election who could care less with the issues that exist. I am Hispanic myself and felt the border needs tougher immigration laws and enforcement. What those people who jump that twist wagon don't realize is the real threats that exist and the non Hispanics who cross illegally who go through the south Mexico border to get into the US not to mention criminals come and go back and forth freely. Most or all them twist wagon folks never lived on or near the actual border itself and are tied up into normal American way of life living but preach like they have. The ones who do live at the border live in a large city next to the border but where walls, fencing, cameras and heavy patrols are done and never lived on a rural area of the border where it all lacks.I have lived on the rural border before and I can tell you it is very tiring, stressful, heart breaking to go home to a broken into home several times or stolen vehicle later found trashed ran into a ditch a county over. I am wondering if CBP will jump on this and monitor these frequencies and ask the people to also use it to report suspicious activity to them. Since border ranches will see majority of what occurs you would think eventually this would occur. This radio idea will help those ranch families/homes allot. It will also allow neighbors down the road to be aware and possibly come to his fellow ranchers aid.
I'm not against people of Hispanic descent coming here to better their lifestyle, but those who constantly trample on the good nature of this country don't need to be here. I don't endorse anyone who is currently running for President because they all have a hidden agenda. They have for umpteen years.

SCPD

QRT

Are we to adopt the methods of the Soviets in the early 60's on the East Berlin wall and shoot those who cross? We would have to make running from police a capital crime for us to shoot those who run from Border Patrol officers.

I don't think you will find many , if any, officers willing to shoot someone who is not posing a deadly threat to the officer. The biggest nightmare for law enforcement officers is an officer involved shooting and most want to retire without shooting someone, so you would try to order these officers to shoot someone who is not threatening them?

For myself I can picture a shooting scene as I have been first on scene at a shooting and had to declare a DNR. It took me less than a second to determine the DNR. There are only 8 situations that allow a first responder to declare a DNR under California law and you need to look them up to understand why I made the declaration. I told dispatch of the DNR "by reason of excessive grey matter missing." I've been on scene of some other shootings, but was not the first on scene and didn't declare the death, but witnessed them. I consider poorly thought out statements of shooting someone a lot more seriously than most as a result of my experiences.

I've had other experiences, two of them, of having to declare a DNR as a result of me being first on scene. Those incidents each had a different criteria of the 8 met to make the declaration. I've responded as an EMT on a volunteer fire department ambulance to some stabbings, some people hit with bottles on their heads and to a couple more shootings. The gunshot victim I declared the DNR on was the worst of all the different bodies I've seen. Most law enforcement officers in big cities have seen more of these and their opinions and training keep them from shooting people who are not posing a deadly threat.

Maybe you were expressing frustration about the enforcement of the law, rather than seriously advocating shooting people who are running from officers, but I don't take statements about people advocating shooting people lightly. I hope you know why. If you are serious then I can say you absolutely wrong taking that position.

wbswetnam

There are several countries which have a "shoot first, ask questions later" policy towards people seen running to/from their international border. Some of these countries include North Korea, Eritrea, Saudi Arabia, Syria, and terrorist state ISIS. Do we really want to add our country to that list?

SCPD

QRT

By the way, I agree that immigration law should be enforced as long as the law makes sense and accomplishes what should be accomplished. I strongly disagree with the shooting portion of what you wrote.

K2RNI

Those Mag One BPR40 radios look like nice budget transceivers. Wonder if they could do regular 25kHz bandwidth. I have a few ham ideas for these.

They good radios anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.