YRCS talkgroups of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB7MIB

TG 1013: I'm only hearing one side of this, and it may be a patch from another channel.

1100: In the past, I've heard both what sounded like worker's compensation fraud surveillance, as well as a contract road crew talking to the ADOT Phoenix TOC.

1108: Was used car-to-car, with very lax radio procedures, some time ago.

1113: This was identified over the air as "Signals department" some time ago.

2002: It's been some time since this one came up. I don't recall the nature of the communications.

TG 2003: Partial encryption, I'm thinking possibly state parole/probation agents. The radio traffic is similar to the Maricopa County probation office traffic.

I'd like others to help me identify these TG's so they can be added to the database.

John
Peoria

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
A correction: On TG 1013, I can sometimes hear both sides, and sometimes I only hear the dispatcher.

Good catch as usual John! 1013 is currently a multicast of the dispatcher for DPS Metro East. I am only hearing the dispatcher. It looks like they may be changing DPS talkgroups around as this was previously heard on 1003. Or the dispatcher has multiselected multiple channels.

I'll keep listening for the others.

Last edited:

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Ok a correction on 1013... It seems to be a patch of CI 2. I can hear David mobile units and dispatcher on both CI 2 and 1013. I'm guessing I just caught it earlier when a dispatcher had Metro East multiselected with CI 2.

Presently dispatcher is multicasting on Metro Central, CI 2, and talkgroups 1013.

1013 is a patch with CI 2. I am also following the South Mountain site in Unitrunker. The dispatcher does not come across with a radio ID, so I'm guessing this is audio fed into the base station. David units are coming up with radio IDs. It seems that some David units are selecting CI 2 on YRCS on their radios.

Last edited:

KB7MIB

Ah, ok. They had a pursuit in the area of 43rd, Peoria and Cactus this morning.

I wasn't listening to the normal DPS channels, I'm just focusing on the YRCS sites around the Valley in one of my V-Scanners in my PSR-500.

John
Peoria

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Another finding about 1013. I heard "Radio Check on CI Central" from a radio tech. I'm guessing the talkgroup is labeled "CI Central" on the YRCS side.

KB7MIB

Or they're in the process of switching CI units from UHF to the YRCS, with the CI Central talkgroup becoming the main CI channel for central Arizona, and the UHF CI 1 & 2 will be reassigned to patrol uses? Perhaps CI 3 & 4 will also be reassigned, eventually.

Just a thought. Maybe they're realigning channels.

John
Peoria

Status
Not open for further replies.