Maricopa P16 system rebanding?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I am picking up Site 14 (Tower Mountain) Control Channel on 851.8000 today.
I am also getting the White Tanks site (2) on 853.9375.

It looks like they are rebanding the system, at least in part finally.

I am in the middle of a hundred things this weekend and won't have time to do a lot of investigating but you may want to check your local sites as well and submit changes as needed. I already submitted this one.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Yep, it looks like they are rebanding. I have updated 1-Thompson Peak, 2-White Tanks, 10-Southeast Center (Mesa), 14-Towers Mtn, and 15-South Scottsdale sites. I have some cleanup to do many of the frequencies for these sites are no longer valid.

The Primary Control Channel for all these sites are current as of now. Alternate control channels may reflect old data until we can get Unitrunker run on each site. I will continue to update as we get more site information. Please submit any changes to the DB.

larrylock

Premium Subscriber
I knew it was coming, don't ask me how I knew, but didn't see it when it did come.

I know very little about programming the pro652 so I am like a blind man leading moles around at midnight in the desert.

BTW, I am across the valley from you cellphone.

radioprescott

Premium Subscriber
Towers Mtn reband

Yep, it looks like they are rebanding. I have updated ...14-Towers Mtn ... I have some cleanup to do many of the frequencies for these sites are no longer valid.

The Primary Control Channel for all these sites are current as of now. Alternate control channels may reflect old data until we can get Unitrunker run on each site. I will continue to update as we get more site information. Please submit any changes to the DB.

As of 1530 today, Unitrunker is reporting:

Towers:
521C-014
Tone 128.57

CC: 851.80000
ALT: 853.88750

Peers:
Site 2 CC 853.93750
Site 4 CC 866.76250
Site 5 CC 858.76250
Site 7 CC 868.83750
Site 8 CC 868.86250
Site 13 cc 853.87500

73s
John

KB7MIB

Ok, so how *exactly* do you program a GRE PSR-500 for rebanding?
The "T Tables" get set to "Custom", correct? Then how do they get filled out? It asks for an offset, but the table in the rebanding wiki doesn't show an offset for the GRE scanners. And I have to put the two base frequencies in separate tables, correct? So 4 tables altogether?

John
Peoria

KB7MIB

I saw that. However, the scanner asks for an offset, (a numerical value) which that table does not show.
Secondly, each table in the scanner only has room for one base frequency, not a low base frequency and a high base frequency. So, do I have to fill out 4 separate tables, two each for the low base frequency and two each for the high base frequency?

Can someone who owns a PSR-500 or a PSR-600 answer my questions?

Edit: I may have figured it out. The offset is the same as the low channel, correct? And I only need two tables set, correct?

John
Peoria

Last edited:

KB7MIB

The White Tanks and Thompson Peak sites seem to be ok without any custom trunk tables.
I'm too far from the Southeast Center, Smith Peak and South Scottsdale sites to receive them, so I don't know if they need custom trunk tables.
The Towers Mtn site appears to need the custom trunk tables in order to track correctly. I think I have it tracking correctly at this time.

John
Peoria

kd7ckq

I have no problem following those instructions and getting into the custom trunking tables using those instructions.

KB7MIB

I was unaware of what the offset was, or if I had to have both the low base frequency and the high base frequency, or just the low base frequency. The instructions don't answer those questions. Apparantly, we're supposed to know that information, which I didn't.

John
Peoria

kd7ckq

Should look like the following for Table 01. With that you can easily figure out how to do Table 02.

Table 01: SEL

Lo Chan: 440
Hi Chan: 559
Offset: 440
Base: 851.0250
Step: 25.0

kd7ckq

using any Software to program your Scanner?
Here is the next table so you don't have any problems.

Table 02: SEL

Lo Chan: 0
Hi Chan: 719
Offset: 0
Base: 851.0125
Step: 25.0

Last edited:

KB7MIB

You didn't answer my questions regarding the offset, or if I needed to fill out 2 or 4 tables. I would have thought if you had a 500/600, you would have given a straight answer, rather than giving me a link that does not answer the two specific questions I had.

John
Peoria

kd7ckq

It's two tables or six for rebanded trunking systems. Those two links, where the pages I read. That helped me out entering a rebanded systems. The information is there.

KB7MIB

IF you knew ahead of time that the offset is the same as the low channel.
IF you knew ahead of time how many tables to fill out.
I knew neither, and had to follow a couple of other links to find it.

John
Peoria

scannerhead

South Scottsdale site 15 requires the rebanded custom table. East dispatch is about the only talk-group on that site.

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Thx guys, I program my bcd996xt by hand, and was wondering why not receiving anything for the MCSO and I came here and found out things have changed. I also failed to program in the "wild card" TG of "i0" at any time previously (Duhhh), and for those who do not use one of the software programs, to program that into the Uniden trunk trackers, you go to enter a new talk group, and in the prompt to enter it in (DEC) you simply press the ".No" button, then the zero numerical button which is beside it. Save. That's it.

I am now hearing MCSO dispatch calls just fine. I really do not know what I would do without RR. I do have FreeScan program, but I actually enjoy programming it by hand as odd as it sounds. The only pain is re-naming the sites/grps/systems as it is time consuming.

radiochuck

Traffic Reporter
Premium Subscriber
I'm guessing none of this applies to a newer scanner like my BCD325P2 since all I did was enter the new control channel freqs and I don't seem to be missing a beat. Is this more of an issue with the older scanners then?

Status
Not open for further replies.