Having reception issues on Simulcast G

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ_chris

Hi guys,

I live on the border of Peoria & Glendale, about 67th and Peoria.
With my 396XT, I can't for the life of me get good reception since they switched over to the 700Mhz band.
When Phoenix and Glendale were running on 800, I got it in just fine with full bars. But ever since that switch, my radio will go from full bars, to 3, to none, to full, and just scatter all over the place, making for either garbled transmissions, or "Finding CtrlChan".

Same for SC B (Fire).

Any suggestions on this?
I still have my old RS 800Mhz antenna, i've tried one from ScannerMaster that's setup for 700 band, still no improvement.

Thanks!
Chris

rwier

Premium Subscriber
Hi guys,

I live on the border of Peoria & Glendale, about 67th and Peoria.
With my 396XT, I can't for the life of me get good reception since they switched over to the 700Mhz band.
When Phoenix and Glendale were running on 800, I got it in just fine with full bars. But ever since that switch, my radio will go from full bars, to 3, to none, to full, and just scatter all over the place, making for either garbled transmissions, or "Finding CtrlChan".

Same for SC B (Fire).

Any suggestions on this?
I still have my old RS 800Mhz antenna, i've tried one from ScannerMaster that's setup for 700 band, still no improvement.

Thanks!
Chris

I am near I-17 and Greenway, and I have similar poor reception of Site "G". However, using the same West Side TGs (see attached) with Sites WTRP and South Mountain, I receive many with very strong reception. I may be missing transmissions that are on "G" only, but I miss them using "G" anyway.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 135

rwier

Premium Subscriber
Additionally, I listen to "B" for the Dispatch (K-1) TG only. For Fire Ground, I monitor analog Phx FD (except 154.190 dispatch). If desired, I can turn on the other "K" TGs with Quick Key.

Last edited:

KR7CQ

Premium Subscriber
I live @ 51st avenue and Union Hills and can't receive anything from the site @ 43rd and Sweetwater while in my home. I have to get out into the street to even get a signal, with a site that is only 3 1/2 miles away. Most simulcast G sites are weak and hard to pick up with a handheld scanner at more than a few miles.

An outdoor antenna is the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.