West Valley PD- El Mirage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lwolf1313

I am listening to Glendale, Peoria, Surprise pd's with no problem, however it seems like El Mirage went dark. I was hearing them a few weeks before the holidays. ???

rwier

I am listening to Glendale, Peoria, Surprise pd's with no problem, however it seems like El Mirage went dark. I was hearing them a few weeks before the holidays. ???

I may have heard El Mirage in the past but have no specific memory of it. However, since I will be mostly watching tv sports this weekend, I have dedicated my 536HP to the following task.

Scanning System RWC
TGs 4330, 4331, and 4332
Simulcast Sites/CCs A/771.68125, G/771.06875, South Mtn/769.30625, Towers Mtn/772.49375, and WTRP/772.44375

The Alternate CCs for the above CCs are also being scanned.

I couldn't find an old analog frequency for El Mirage. If you know of other frequencies, TGs, Sites, etc., that might carry El Mirage PD, let me know and I will add them to the mix.

I have this running through Proscan logging any activity for future reference. I'll check it out Monday and report.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
El Mirage is active tonight on their normal talkgroup 4330 on Simulcast G. I see Glendale and Peoria are active on Simulcast G and B, but El Mirage is not on Simulcast B. If you are only monitoring Simulcast B, this might explain your issue.

Last edited:

rwier

Well, whatever was wrong with the original poster's set-up is also wrong with mine. Using the Analysis feature of the 536HP, I am showing the following:

Using TGs 4330, 4331, and 4332

G: 771.0687 Zero Strength, Zero Quality, and Zero Activity

G: 771.6187 Zero Strength, Zero Quality, and Zero Activity

G: 771.5687 8.5-9.0 Strength, Zero Quality, and Zero Activity

G: 771.8687 Zero Strength, Zero Quality, and Zero Activity

Nine hours and not a peep out of El Mirage.

Lwolf1313

El Mirage PD ------MCSO

Looks like I had a couple sites locked out for some reason. I am now seeing El Mirage in my Proscan log. How about MCSO? Which site are best for them in the El Mirage area?

KB7MIB

For reception of MCSO in the West Valley, I'd use the White Tanks site of the Maricopa County trunked system.

John
Peoria

Lwolf1313

El Mirage PD update

Ok, I am now receiving El Mirage on my two Uniden scanners, looks like I had a site locked out. Now I am trying to get El Mirage PD on my Whistler TRX-1 scanner with no luck. I am getting Surprise and Glendale, Peoria, all of which are on the same Simulcast G as El Mirage. Is anyone using a Whistler scanner and having the same problem?

rwier

RWC, Simulcast G:, CC 771.56875, TG 4330.

Using 536HP and HP-1(E) both System Status analysis reports (rooftop antenna near I-17 and Greenway) Strength 4/10 to 5.5/10, Quality Zero, and Activity Zero. Substituting an indoor telescoping antenna for the rooftop feed both report Zero/10 to 1.5/10 Strength, Zero Quality, and Zero Activity.

Based on the reported success of others, I can only conclude that I am "out-of-range" as to getting a satisfactory signal. Someday, I will drive into El Mirage and see if my results change.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Just curious cellphone, can you hear El Mirage from Ahwatukee? If so, I need some upgraded equipment. Thanks!

I use a BCD996XT, low loss coax, and a dedicated 700mhz yagi antenna in my attic. My reception is poor, but I can get about 60% intelligibility on Simulcast G.

Status
Not open for further replies.