RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arizona Radio Discussion Forum


Arizona Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arizona.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2018, 10:02 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIS262 View Post
So the 2-tone you hear at Sky Harbor is not for FS19 nor FS29. Its a minitor pager that sits on a console within the Sky Harbor Comm Center. It notifies Sky Comm of Fire's response to any airport incidents. Its done automatically with Samantha and sets off the pager for any incidents within a predetermined footprint around Sky.

Its a little funny when it goes off for Central City calls at the washington street light rail station.

TOL BC161 and a few other BC's have 2-tone pagers. Gila Bend Rescue also had one when they were dispatched by PFDRDC.

Everything else is done through the Phoenix G2 station alerting system (there are some videos on youtube describing this).
So that would explain the 2 tones prior to the standard tone on A1 for station 19 then. Knew about the G2 system. Speaking of tones, I really wish they would use tone signalling instead of patching the analog tone over digital. Although, it does provide for some humor when it goes out and it sounds like it's whining and complaining about abdominal pains.

So after a bit of monitoring and logging, here is what I have so far. Please correct me if I've got this all wrong:

Mesa Fire B1
645.1 translated into 645.7

And for SWA, I have a couple:
601.2 translated into 602.6
606.3 translated into 607.5
569.1 - seemingly matched to 569.1

Haven't heard any two-tone on SWA as of yet.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2018, 10:33 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSpartan View Post
So that would explain the 2 tones prior to the standard tone on A1 for station 19 then. Knew about the G2 system. Speaking of tones, I really wish they would use tone signalling instead of patching the analog tone over digital. Although, it does provide for some humor when it goes out and it sounds like it's whining and complaining about abdominal pains.

So after a bit of monitoring and logging, here is what I have so far. Please correct me if I've got this all wrong:

Mesa Fire B1
645.1 translated into 645.7

And for SWA, I have a couple:Th
601.2 translated into 602.6
606.3 translated into 607.5
569.1 - seemingly matched to 569.1

Haven't heard any two-tone on SWA as of yet.
SWA used to have a VHF channel labeled as AMB page for ambulance tones for both east and west sides.
Pinal County always had their tones go out over their Ch14. InterFacility used Ch20. And some east side trucks would tone out on Ch15. This was a few years ago. Maybe they cleaned up their act.
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2018, 10:48 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Default

Doesn't seem like.much has changed haha yeah they still have Ch9 Paging on VHF
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 09-11-2018, 11:34 PM
bill71's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 119
Default

Not sure if this helps, these are the two frequencies I'm looking at. Mesa FD B1 156.240 411 DPL, and AMR Ch 15 460.625 107,2 PL. I'm using an Anytone AT-D868UV DMR Radio for work. Being duel band I only have to carry one radio.
__________________
Bill H.
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 12:00 AM
bill71's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIS262 View Post
SWA used to have a VHF channel labeled as AMB page for ambulance tones for both east and west sides.
Pinal County always had their tones go out over their Ch14. InterFacility used Ch20. And some east side trucks would tone out on Ch15. This was a few years ago. Maybe they cleaned up their act.
Pinal and IFT are still using those channels, though IFT valley wide is on 20. East is toned out on 15, then we switch to 19. We listen to C1/B1 though for tone out, ch 15 is delayed by 15-60 seconds which is too long of a delay since our response has to be within 60 seconds of Mesa Alarm sending out the tone. The west side is doing everything on 18 at the moment, but keep an eye out for 12 to start being used for TO. The theory behind this is Phoenix FD TO on K1/A1, and then switching to the response channel...that was the explanation given from a supervisor at least.
__________________
Bill H.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 12:03 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill71 View Post
Not sure if this helps, these are the two frequencies I'm looking at. Mesa FD B1 156.240 411 DPL, and AMR Ch 15 460.625 107,2 PL. I'm using an Anytone AT-D868UV DMR Radio for work. Being duel band I only have to carry one radio.
You will only receive the tones from AMR on whatever frequency they send the tones over. That could be UHV Ch15 or VHF Ch9 paging. I donít remember what channel SWA in Gilbert used for paging (Iím pretty sure it was VHF).

You wonít get anything from Mesa Dispatch on that Anytone.
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 9:10 AM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Default

He can hear the tone out from MFMD on B1, it's analog. At any rate, seems your station/truck of interest wasn't called out, least not that I heard, overnight. Here are the tones as reported by the scanner, they will need to be translated into proper tones. There were 3 or 4 distinct tones I heard, and I posted a link to the listed files below if you are interested in them or have a tone decoder to better match them up. There were seemingly 5 billion keyups with no traffic and because of CSQ the scanner reported tones on them, so I filtered through the list and kept only ones with an audible FTO. Hope this helps get you into the right direction. Also, thee were all recorded from 460.625, SWA Ch 15.

2018-09-12-03-18-49-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 569.2 \ 600.0
2018-09-12-01-15-39-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 570.1 \ 747.7
2018-09-12-00-55-58-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 568.4 \ 746.4
2018-09-12-00-42-27-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 570.0 \ 601.2
2018-09-12-00-11-29-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 601.4 \ 599.7
2018-09-11-22-03-05-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 569.1 \ 601.2
2018-09-11-20-34-45-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 567.8 \ 601.0
2018-09-11-20-03-12-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 600.7 \ 601.3
2018-09-11-19-15-54-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 569.4 \ 601.0
2018-09-11-19-10-46-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 601.2 \ 601.6
2018-09-11-17-05-56-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 569.9 \ 601.2
2018-09-11-16-38-39-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 600.5 \ 605.8
2018-09-11-16-08-16-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 600.9 \ 601.4

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmpkeSM76S6aiuZOvnBz8JPnnOvJJw

Last edited by JohnSpartan; 09-12-2018 at 9:29 AM.. Reason: Included what freq these were heard on and a link to the zip with the audio files
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 6:46 PM
bill71's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSpartan View Post
He can hear the tone out from MFMD on B1, it's analog. At any rate, seems your station/truck of interest wasn't called out, least not that I heard, overnight. Here are the tones as reported by the scanner, they will need to be translated into proper tones. There were 3 or 4 distinct tones I heard, and I posted a link to the listed files below if you are interested in them or have a tone decoder to better match them up. There were seemingly 5 billion keyups with no traffic and because of CSQ the scanner reported tones on them, so I filtered through the list and kept only ones with an audible FTO. Hope this helps get you into the right direction. Also, thee were all recorded from 460.625, SWA Ch 15.

2018-09-12-03-18-49-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 569.2 \ 600.0
2018-09-12-01-15-39-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 570.1 \ 747.7
2018-09-12-00-55-58-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 568.4 \ 746.4
2018-09-12-00-42-27-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 570.0 \ 601.2
2018-09-12-00-11-29-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 601.4 \ 599.7
2018-09-11-22-03-05-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 569.1 \ 601.2
2018-09-11-20-34-45-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 567.8 \ 601.0
2018-09-11-20-03-12-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 600.7 \ 601.3
2018-09-11-19-15-54-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 569.4 \ 601.0
2018-09-11-19-10-46-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 601.2 \ 601.6
2018-09-11-17-05-56-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 569.9 \ 601.2
2018-09-11-16-38-39-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 600.5 \ 605.8
2018-09-11-16-08-16-Tone Out-Southwest Ambo.mp3 600.9 \ 601.4

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmpkeSM76S6aiuZOvnBz8JPnnOvJJw
Thanx JohnSparton, I do appreciate your help. Be Well
__________________
Bill H.
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 6:48 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Default

Lemme know if it all jives! Ill be busy destroying those sea shells.
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 8:20 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSpartan View Post
He can hear the tone out from MFMD on B1, it's analog.
I mean he won't get the radio to open for any tone out on that radio from Mesa Fire. He can stay up all night listening to B1 but he will ONLY be able to get the radio to open from the tones AMR sends out on their channel.
Reply With Quote
  #31 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 8:59 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Default

Oh, also, MFMD confirmed for me they only have the two individual tones, one for calls, one for drownings. No other tones used.
Reply With Quote
  #32 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 9:11 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIS262 View Post
I mean he won't get the radio to open for any tone out on that radio from Mesa Fire. He can stay up all night listening to B1 but he will ONLY be able to get the radio to open from the tones AMR sends out on their channel.
Ah, I understand.
Reply With Quote
  #33 (permalink)  
Old 09-12-2018, 10:27 PM
bill71's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSpartan View Post
Lemme know if it all jives! Ill be busy destroying those sea shells.
I'll DM you with what I find. Good luck with finding out what those sea shells do!
__________________
Bill H.
Reply With Quote
  #34 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2018, 7:18 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSpartan View Post
Oh, also, MFMD confirmed for me they only have the two individual tones, one for calls, one for drownings. No other tones used.
I suspect the Drowning tone out exists to dispatch the Crisis Response Teams..
Reply With Quote
  #35 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2018, 3:19 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Posts: 78
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djewel6 View Post
I suspect the Drowning tone out exists to dispatch the Crisis Response Teams..
Negative, to grab the attention of anyone listening. When you hear that tone come across the radio, you stop what you're doing & turn the volume up to see if maybe you're closer. This is for anyone with a radio: fire executive staff, fire investigations, special ops, or anyone with a radio that doesn't normally get dispatched initially.
Reply With Quote
  #36 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2018, 3:55 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mesa, AZ
Posts: 45
Default

I stand corrected then and that does indeed make sense.. Its too bad they cant get the jurisdictions in the Valley onboard with Pulsepoint.(its a smartphone app which ties in with 911 dispatch systems). Its been used in a lot of jurisdictions with massive success especially in cases of sudden cardiac arrest including even down in Tucson and up in Vegas, Orange County CA and yes several jurisdictions back East.. (They've been rolling it out around the Washington DC Metro area slowly over the last year as well with good results).. We all know the sooner CPR is started the better chance anybody has of recovering and that's the end game..
Reply With Quote
  #37 (permalink)  
Old 09-21-2018, 6:50 PM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djewel6 View Post
I stand corrected then and that does indeed make sense.. Its too bad they cant get the jurisdictions in the Valley onboard with Pulsepoint.(its a smartphone app which ties in with 911 dispatch systems). Its been used in a lot of jurisdictions with massive success especially in cases of sudden cardiac arrest including even down in Tucson and up in Vegas, Orange County CA and yes several jurisdictions back East.. (They've been rolling it out around the Washington DC Metro area slowly over the last year as well with good results).. We all know the sooner CPR is started the better chance anybody has of recovering and that's the end game..
Indeed, it's an all call of sorts. PRDC has a CAD mobile app, I've seen some city personnel with it on their phones. I suspect it's a department issued phone, but I'm not 100% certain on that. Just like the public web page, they have the ability to filter calls for service visible on the app based on the user's permission level. Don't know what the app is called, it takes up every bit of real estate on the screen. The two times I've seen it, one was fully functional, meaning you could enter status updates and respond to inquiries, in addition to updating calls - and the other was simply a list of whats in the stack, no interactive ability.

Speaking of that, there is a third party app for Android, don't know if it's available on iOS, but this is what I have, it's basically a mirror of the public website:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....incidentalert

Not to get off-topic from the thread's purpose... You can set up alerts for a particular unit number. It's limited to those agencies dispatched by PRDC though.
Reply With Quote
  #38 (permalink)  
Old 10-02-2018, 5:12 PM
bill71's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 119
Default

I have updated the following Wiki Maricopa Fire/EMS Tone page: Maricopa County (AZ) - The RadioReference Wiki

I used the ComTekk Multi Decoder 2.03 program using Motorola Standered Tones. I've only been working on the West Valley so far. They seem to be using VHF Ch. 9 for tone out, and then switching to UHF Ch. 18 most of the time.
__________________
Bill H.
Reply With Quote
  #39 (permalink)  
Old 10-03-2018, 7:59 AM
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 136
Default

Cool, that's quite the list, thanks for the legwork!
Reply With Quote
  #40 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2018, 3:55 PM
bill71's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Goodyear, Arizona
Posts: 119
Default

Updated list with East Valley, mainly Mesa Units. East Valley taps out on UHF 15, Then switches to UHF 19 for response. Ch. 15 is really the one you want to listen to though. Missing units are because I'm listening for two TO's to confirm before I post, or I just haven't caught the TO yet.
__________________
Bill H.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions