Greene County Live Feed Will Be Offline Effective 4/1/12

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

NOTICE TO ALL LIVE FEED LISTENERS:
Effective April 1, 2012 Greene County Sheriff's Dept, Paragould Police Dept, Greene County Rescue Squad, And Paragould Fire Dept. Will Go To NexEDGE Digital UHF Scramble and Will No Longer Be On The Feed As I Cannot Pick Them Up.. It is unsure where the County Fire Depts. will go at this time, It has been said they will stay on VHF and go to Narrowband Scrambled Communications, At This Point the Only thing that will be monitorable in Greene County is The County Rd. Dept, and the City Street Dept. which I will not broadcast online, therefore, All that will be available will be AWIN (Arkansas State Police Troop C, Craighead County, State Comms)...Lawrence County Will Still Broadcast.. They will switch to a new system on May 1st 2012 but we don't know what too yet, It is unknown what they will go to at this time, As for Randolph, Clay, and Mississippi Counties, I Will post as I find out... Craighead County will go to their new Narrowband Fire Channel in June Sometime as of now. No Info on Clay or Randolph Counties at this time.. However, Those that listen in Greene County, After APRIL 1, 2012 you will NOT hear a peep out of Greene County, Online or on a scanner, It cannot and will not be monitored by any other radio outside the dept. (They're not even letting us volunteer FD's have them)

btritch

I agree, it would have been way cheaper to just stay on VHF and go to narrowband like we are, this way interoperability with anyone else goes out the window, I'm waiting for two things, 1. To see who gets screwed first and 2 to see how they plan to handle it during a disaster..oh well, they're problem..,they're mistake...

ktedder

Well I guess I can listen to asp with the right scanner and cropdusters. By the way what would be a good scanner to listen to Arkansas state police on?

jhsands

Feed Provider
From what I have heard and then seen when the check is written, "secure digital" is NexEdge or MOTOTRBO without encryption enabled. They suffice it enough to just enable their digital protocol.

btritch

From what I have heard and then seen when the check is written, "secure digital" is NexEdge or MOTOTRBO without encryption enabled. They suffice it enough to just enable their digital protocol.

It will be digital encrypted NexEDGE with a special receve/transmit code needed to listen and no way to get it and the radio shop won't give.. I've already asked.

btritch

Brian, did they make the switch? If so, is it working Ok for them?

No, It's been pushed back until further notice.. Everyone is still on the old stuff, The Narrowbanding has been pushed back until further notice... NexEDGE will probably be completed about January... They're having trouble getting equipment in I've heard.. Nothing has changed as of now..

hypothesis

NOTICE TO ALL LIVE FEED LISTENERS:
Effective April 1, 2012 Greene County Sheriff's Dept, Paragould Police Dept, Greene County Rescue Squad, And Paragould Fire Dept. Will Go To NexEDGE Digital UHF Scramble and Will No Longer Be On The Feed As I Cannot Pick Them Up.. It is unsure where the County Fire Depts. will go at this time, It has been said they will stay on VHF and go to Narrowband Scrambled Communications, At This Point the Only thing that will be monitorable in Greene County is The County Rd. Dept, and the City Street Dept. which I will not broadcast online, therefore, All that will be available will be AWIN (Arkansas State Police Troop C, Craighead County, State Comms)...Lawrence County Will Still Broadcast.. They will switch to a new system on May 1st 2012 but we don't know what too yet, It is unknown what they will go to at this time, As for Randolph, Clay, and Mississippi Counties, I Will post as I find out... Craighead County will go to their new Narrowband Fire Channel in June Sometime as of now. No Info on Clay or Randolph Counties at this time.. However, Those that listen in Greene County, After APRIL 1, 2012 you will NOT hear a peep out of Greene County, Online or on a scanner, It cannot and will not be monitored by any other radio outside the dept. (They're not even letting us volunteer FD's have them)

Does anybody know where the live feed for Arkansas State Police Troop C is located? I can't find one.

btritch

I'll post again when they are live.. When it comes down too it, That's all they'll be basically besides Greene Co. Rural FD's... Everything else will be NexEDGE and not heard at all... Therefore if I want to broadcast anything it'll be AWIN.. I'm not home at the moment but when I get home I have to hook the outdoor antenna up again and when I do that I'll be ready... Give me a couple weeks probably and I'll post again when it's up and let everyone know..

Status
Not open for further replies.