RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Arkansas Radio Discussion Forum

Arkansas Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Arkansas.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2012, 1:31 AM
btritch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Paragould/Greene County AR
Posts: 1,851
Default Greene County Live Feed Will Be Offline Effective 4/1/12

NOTICE TO ALL LIVE FEED LISTENERS:
Effective April 1, 2012 Greene County Sheriff's Dept, Paragould Police Dept, Greene County Rescue Squad, And Paragould Fire Dept. Will Go To NexEDGE Digital UHF Scramble and Will No Longer Be On The Feed As I Cannot Pick Them Up.. It is unsure where the County Fire Depts. will go at this time, It has been said they will stay on VHF and go to Narrowband Scrambled Communications, At This Point the Only thing that will be monitorable in Greene County is The County Rd. Dept, and the City Street Dept. which I will not broadcast online, therefore, All that will be available will be AWIN (Arkansas State Police Troop C, Craighead County, State Comms)...Lawrence County Will Still Broadcast.. They will switch to a new system on May 1st 2012 but we don't know what too yet, It is unknown what they will go to at this time, As for Randolph, Clay, and Mississippi Counties, I Will post as I find out... Craighead County will go to their new Narrowband Fire Channel in June Sometime as of now. No Info on Clay or Randolph Counties at this time.. However, Those that listen in Greene County, After APRIL 1, 2012 you will NOT hear a peep out of Greene County, Online or on a scanner, It cannot and will not be monitored by any other radio outside the dept. (They're not even letting us volunteer FD's have them)
__________________
Brian
Northeast Arkansas
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
        
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-08-2012, 1:58 AM
zzdiesel's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kennett / Dunklin Co, Mo.
Posts: 1,657
Default

Damn, this is so ridiculous and a sorry shame!!!
__________________
Radio Shack Pro-163, Radio Shack Pro-18
Win97, iScan

Save Gas. Drive a Diesel...
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-09-2012, 12:56 AM
btritch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Paragould/Greene County AR
Posts: 1,851
Default

I agree, it would have been way cheaper to just stay on VHF and go to narrowband like we are, this way interoperability with anyone else goes out the window, I'm waiting for two things, 1. To see who gets screwed first and 2 to see how they plan to handle it during a disaster..oh well, they're problem..,they're mistake...
__________________
Brian
Northeast Arkansas
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2012, 3:30 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
Default

Well I guess I can listen to asp with the right scanner and cropdusters. By the way what would be a good scanner to listen to Arkansas state police on?
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2012, 4:35 PM
zzdiesel's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kennett / Dunklin Co, Mo.
Posts: 1,657
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktedder View Post
By the way what would be a good scanner to listen to Arkansas state police on?
Anyone of them that will get P25. GRE 500, 600 or 800. RS Pro-106, Pro-197 or Pro-18. Uniden 396T, 996T, 396XT, 996XT or HP1
__________________
Radio Shack Pro-163, Radio Shack Pro-18
Win97, iScan

Save Gas. Drive a Diesel...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-05-2012, 4:38 PM
KB5ILY's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Arkadelphia, AR
Posts: 90
Default

ASP and most other state agencies are on AWIN (800mhz P25 system) so you will need a digital trunking scanner that can do P25.
__________________
73 de Travis KB5ILY (QCWA) & GROL (PG00041468) - BC-III, Midland 13-919, BC-210XL, BC-9000XLT, Pro-51.
http://www.kb5ily.org/scanner/ * http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/9877 * WPC5ILY
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-22-2012, 11:50 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 113
Default

You can listen to and broadcast their latest, greatest NexEdge.
Digital Speech Decoder (software package) - The RadioReference Wiki

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2012, 12:32 AM
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 53
Default

Not if there encrypted!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-23-2012, 1:06 AM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: New York, New York
Posts: 113
Default

From what I have heard and then seen when the check is written, "secure digital" is NexEdge or MOTOTRBO without encryption enabled. They suffice it enough to just enable their digital protocol.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-24-2012, 4:13 AM
btritch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Paragould/Greene County AR
Posts: 1,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhsands View Post
From what I have heard and then seen when the check is written, "secure digital" is NexEdge or MOTOTRBO without encryption enabled. They suffice it enough to just enable their digital protocol.
It will be digital encrypted NexEDGE with a special receve/transmit code needed to listen and no way to get it and the radio shop won't give.. I've already asked.
__________________
Brian
Northeast Arkansas
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2012, 1:06 AM
zzdiesel's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kennett / Dunklin Co, Mo.
Posts: 1,657
Default

Brian, did they make the switch? If so, is it working Ok for them?
__________________
Radio Shack Pro-163, Radio Shack Pro-18
Win97, iScan

Save Gas. Drive a Diesel...
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:46 PM
btritch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Paragould/Greene County AR
Posts: 1,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzdiesel View Post
Brian, did they make the switch? If so, is it working Ok for them?
No, It's been pushed back until further notice.. Everyone is still on the old stuff, The Narrowbanding has been pushed back until further notice... NexEDGE will probably be completed about January... They're having trouble getting equipment in I've heard.. Nothing has changed as of now..
__________________
Brian
Northeast Arkansas
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:51 PM
zzdiesel's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kennett / Dunklin Co, Mo.
Posts: 1,657
Default

Ok. Thanks. I don't turn them on unless I know something is going on.
__________________
Radio Shack Pro-163, Radio Shack Pro-18
Win97, iScan

Save Gas. Drive a Diesel...
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 10-12-2012, 8:18 PM
   
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btritch View Post
NOTICE TO ALL LIVE FEED LISTENERS:
Effective April 1, 2012 Greene County Sheriff's Dept, Paragould Police Dept, Greene County Rescue Squad, And Paragould Fire Dept. Will Go To NexEDGE Digital UHF Scramble and Will No Longer Be On The Feed As I Cannot Pick Them Up.. It is unsure where the County Fire Depts. will go at this time, It has been said they will stay on VHF and go to Narrowband Scrambled Communications, At This Point the Only thing that will be monitorable in Greene County is The County Rd. Dept, and the City Street Dept. which I will not broadcast online, therefore, All that will be available will be AWIN (Arkansas State Police Troop C, Craighead County, State Comms)...Lawrence County Will Still Broadcast.. They will switch to a new system on May 1st 2012 but we don't know what too yet, It is unknown what they will go to at this time, As for Randolph, Clay, and Mississippi Counties, I Will post as I find out... Craighead County will go to their new Narrowband Fire Channel in June Sometime as of now. No Info on Clay or Randolph Counties at this time.. However, Those that listen in Greene County, After APRIL 1, 2012 you will NOT hear a peep out of Greene County, Online or on a scanner, It cannot and will not be monitored by any other radio outside the dept. (They're not even letting us volunteer FD's have them)

Does anybody know where the live feed for Arkansas State Police Troop C is located? I can't find one.
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 10-29-2012, 11:41 PM
btritch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Paragould/Greene County AR
Posts: 1,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypothesis View Post
Does anybody know where the live feed for Arkansas State Police Troop C is located? I can't find one.
There currently isn't one.. When I get home I plan too add them the lineup in the next few weeks.. Bare with me..
__________________
Brian
Northeast Arkansas
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10-30-2012, 11:54 PM
   
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by btritch View Post
There currently isn't one.. When I get home I plan too add them the lineup in the next few weeks.. Bare with me..
Ok. That would be real nice. I'll bare with you.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-01-2012, 11:58 AM
btritch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Paragould/Greene County AR
Posts: 1,851
Default

I'll post again when they are live.. When it comes down too it, That's all they'll be basically besides Greene Co. Rural FD's... Everything else will be NexEDGE and not heard at all... Therefore if I want to broadcast anything it'll be AWIN.. I'm not home at the moment but when I get home I have to hook the outdoor antenna up again and when I do that I'll be ready... Give me a couple weeks probably and I'll post again when it's up and let everyone know..
__________________
Brian
Northeast Arkansas
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2012, 1:42 AM
zzdiesel's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kennett / Dunklin Co, Mo.
Posts: 1,657
Default

Brian, have you heard anymore about when Jonesboro is leaving the AWIN system?
__________________
Radio Shack Pro-163, Radio Shack Pro-18
Win97, iScan

Save Gas. Drive a Diesel...
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:08 PM
btritch's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Paragould/Greene County AR
Posts: 1,851
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzdiesel View Post
Brian, have you heard anymore about when Jonesboro is leaving the AWIN system?
Nope, I had forgot they were, Not anytime soon I don't think but I will try to find out..
__________________
Brian
Northeast Arkansas
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2012, 11:56 PM
zzdiesel's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Kennett / Dunklin Co, Mo.
Posts: 1,657
Default

I remember it was discussed for a few days and then went away.
__________________
Radio Shack Pro-163, Radio Shack Pro-18
Win97, iScan

Save Gas. Drive a Diesel...
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions