CRAIGHEAD County

Status
Not open for further replies.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Can someone in the Craighead County area please submit info for the (I believe) DMR frequencies in use there?

I know on a trip near there the other day, utilizing GPS and the full database, I was picking up a lot of digital noise (DMR) because the channels are still listed as analog FMN.

If you are in the area and know which (or if all) channels are DMR, please go to that county page in the db and submit such info. They really want the CC, Slot, and TGs in use if you can get them but we at least need the FMN designations changed to DMR so it will hear the traffic when in full db mode.

Thanks in advance! And remember to always submit updated data to the db through the particular county page in the db - it helps others out, especially those traveling through who are using the location based scanning (i.e. with GPS) on Uniden scanners.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
It also helps us to keep the DB up to date and ACCURATE! :)

Yes. I'm amazed at the number of people who don't really have a clue how the db on here works - it is purely crowd-sourced info for the most part. Saw a post just yesterday from someone complaining that he had to setup a custom favorites list because "the info on this site is just plain wrong" and then later asked "why can't they get it right". When asked if he'd submitted the updates it was obvious he was clueless...

I guess some people think it is magic...

btritch

Craighead County and Jonesboro's Primary system is AWIN. The DMR is a backup in the event AWIN goes down. I'm not sure they use it often but I do know the fire department does daily radio checks on it, After they're AWIN checks are complete they're say go to the backup secondary system and standby for radio checks. I however have no way to check or track it.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
Craighead County and Jonesboro's Primary system is AWIN. The DMR is a backup in the event AWIN goes down. I'm not sure they use it often but I do know the fire department does daily radio checks on it, After they're AWIN checks are complete they're say go to the backup secondary system and standby for radio checks. I however have no way to check or track it.

One channel that I know I kept picking up digital noise on (meaning they were talking on it) was the Sheriff Dept Corrections Division (that's how it is listed in the db, the last channel under the Sheriff's Dept).

Several scanners now have DMR capability so hopefully someone in the area can confirm and submit the pertinent information. It definitely needs to be updated in the db to reflect DMR and not analog FM...

wbswetnam

Additionally, the Arkansas Department of Health has a secondary DMR system on UHF in case AWIN should fail. I have identified two such DMR repeaters near Russellville, and I strongly suspect that there are others scattered around the state.

The Department of Health does far more than just check for cockroaches at restaurants. I remember hearing their talk group on AWIN being extremely active after the 2014 tornado that struck Mayflower and Vilonia, and after the flash flood incident in 2010 at Albert Pike campground.

Last edited:

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Additionally, the Arkansas Department of Health has a secondary DMR system on UHF in case AWIN should fail. I have identified two such DMR repeaters near Russellville, and I strongly suspect that there are others scattered around the state.

The Department of Health does far more than just check for cockroaches at restaurants. I remember hearing their talk group on AWIN being extremely active after the 2014 tornado that struck Mayflower and Vilonia, and after the flash flood incident in 2010 at Albert Pike campground.

Want to find them? Its rather easy. Go to each County page, click on the FCC link, go to list all. Click off everything but Public Safety Trunking, and State Licenses. There you will see all Public Safety TRS systems Licenses for that County...

jhsands

Feed Provider
It's the Craighead county road department per a county employee.

"They have new radios that don't be working [sic] on the sheriff's office frequency."

Take it FWIW.

Sent from my S7 using Tapatalk.

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
It's the Craighead county road department per a county employee.

"They have new radios that don't be working [sic] on the sheriff's office frequency."

Take it FWIW.

"It's" ?? Which are you referring to by "it's"?

03msc

RF is RF
Premium Subscriber
"Can someone in the Craighead County area please submit info for the (I believe) DMR frequencies in use there? " <- it's

LOL ok that's what I was wondering. But, no, it's more than that...was hearing it on multiple channels, from "corrections" to ones labeled regular sheriff's whatever (I was mobile and wasn't recording so...). That's why I was confused by your definitive statement, as if it was/is only roads. Unless the channels/frequencies are labeled wrong in the db it was definitely on the frequencies listed under sheriff.

If they are labeled wrong, please include the license showing such so the db can be updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.