RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Canada Radio Discussion Forums > Atlantic and Maritime

Atlantic and Maritime Forum for discussion of radio information in the Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island provinces.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2013, 2:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrylcn View Post
Hi Ian, I heard the Rama flight but didn't see them. Only got 3 bars on the scanner and usually it gets to 4 or 5 when they're nearly overhead. Maybe they were north of the track.
Yea, north and west I'd say, the ETHYL I heard said he was going direct Bangor, and I think something about them following, but I didn't hear the RAMA reply.

Heads up maybe Ed??
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2013, 2:24 PM

Quote:
Hi Ian, I heard the Rama flight but didn't see them. Only got 3 bars on the scanner and usually it gets to 4 or 5 when they're nearly overhead. Maybe they were north of the track.
I heard them on the feed and it sounded like the RAMA was going to follow ETHYL back towards Bangor. May be more North than usual for you guys.
Old 01-24-2013, 2:25 PM

Yeah. Ah well, HUGE day for planes. Wow. Fun sorta spending it as a group here too. And this is our 100th page too. Kinda neat.
Old 01-24-2013, 2:41 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah. Ah well, HUGE day for planes. Wow. Fun sorta spending it as a group here too. And this is our 100th page too. Kinda neat.
Yup, good way too celebrate 100 lol. 5 x F-15s and B-1s..I think that is the best day I've had yet for spotting/listening.

I wish I had some com's from the F-15s, I cant believe they didn't pop up on any of the freqs I have in my big list. Oh well, still awesome to see all those jets in formation like that. There was more up there then total on the ground at the last Air Show here in Halifax.
Old 01-24-2013, 2:42 PM

Hahahaha yeah you're right. I miss the static displays of old. The only USAF thing that was at the PEI airshow was a NY ANG C-130 when I went.
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2013, 2:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NE1C4NSC4N View Post
I wish I had some com's from the F-15s, I cant believe they didn't pop up on any of the freqs I have in my big list.
Bill in Massachusetts found them on their Air to Air freq 359.275 They came in far South of me here. Bill heard them setting their radios for Tyndall AFB in FLorida. Kind of a long way to get over to Nellis for Red Flag!

Still waiting for the ETHYL and RAMA to get here. Any time now!!

Update:
----------
1748z 118.925 ETHYL B4 just switched from ZBW to Bangor approach. Looking for the RNAV 33 approach.

Nothing heard from the RAMA yet.

Last edited by jetcrafter; 01-24-2013 at 2:52 PM..
Old 01-24-2013, 3:19 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcrafter View Post
Bill in Massachusetts found them on their Air to Air freq 359.275.
Nice, I will have to add that to my list for the future, tell Bill thanks! Did the RAMA flight ever show up for ya Ed?

Here's the audio I got from the RAMA's, nothing overly interesting, but they were talking about a problem with something :

Audioboo / AR20 - ETHYLB4 and RAMA41
Old 01-24-2013, 3:21 PM

Was this on the 367.000 frequency? I'm not sure I heard activity on that before today but I know you guys had so I've left it in my "Ohh!! Airplanes maybe!!" scanlist..
Old 01-24-2013, 3:25 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Was this on the 367.000 frequency? I'm not sure I heard activity on that before today but I know you guys had so I've left it in my "Ohh!! Airplanes maybe!!" scanlist..
LOL.. stupid lists! Why cant my scanner just know where to listen.

Sorry for the bad upload, I managed to splice in a bunch of noise and crap from last night.. And that shows you what having a massive list gets me lol.
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2013, 3:29 PM

Yeah I hear ya. My scanner is always on HRP and many many analog freqs cause a delay while it listens for activity on each them before coming back to the TMR so I try to keep the other stuff to < 10. I toss my huge list of analog frequencies in that list and enable it based on emails from this thread about pending airplane goodness.

I keep AR-20 and 311.000 always on since there's sometimes little warning with them.
Old 01-24-2013, 9:21 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Yeah I hear ya. My scanner is always on HRP and many many analog freqs cause a delay while it listens for activity on each them before coming back to the TMR so I try to keep the other stuff to < 10. I toss my huge list of analog frequencies in that list and enable it based on emails from this thread about pending airplane goodness.

I keep AR-20 and 311.000 always on since there's sometimes little warning with them.
You need more scanners dude

I just wish there was a better way to confirm the frequencies, and check for duplicates here locally, like the bus service or transport service that runs out here that ends up coming through on my 104th Fighter Wing freqs. I bet the freq the 15s today is in my list, just locked out on my scanner because it was beakin off with truckers or whatever.
Old 01-24-2013, 9:30 PM

Ooooooh that sucks. Yeah I've been lucky that way, mines silent unless its for real. But yes since we are moving out of the apartment this summer I am looking at a mil air capable scanner I can just leave on planes all the time. Plus I have to start reading up on antennas too. Should be fun!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Did the RAMA flight ever show up for ya Ed?
Hi Ian,

I never heard him at all when I was on the radios. I followed ETHYL B4 all the way back to Bangor. Unknown to me is that RAMA 41 dropped down into Bangor as well. He was there for a little while. I did catch him as he was leaving on my recording as I had abandoned the radios at that point. He was talking to MAINEiac OPs on 311.0 at 2206z as he was climbing out from Bangor. He asked if they could call his Command Post at DSN 675-XXXX and let them know he is airborne. That's it. Never heard anything else from him after hearing him on your live feed.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:52 PM

Default Heads UP Friday

Possible second cell of F-15s passing through with a bunch of BOBBY 9x tankers. Could be a repeat of today. Get those cameras ready!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:06 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Nice pics ! Never get to see trails like that down here..
Hopefully tommorow clearer skies for you all for next wave.
Sponsored links
Old 01-24-2013, 11:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcrafter View Post
Possible second cell of F-15s passing through with a bunch of BOBBY 9x tankers. Could be a repeat of today. Get those cameras ready!
Sweet! Any idea of the time frame? And bummer you missed the B-1, he must have just stopped for gas and kept going.

I think I heard him go past, but he was definitely off track to the west of my place, and there was one big arse cloud in that direction, so I never did get an eye on him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Nice pics ! Never get to see trails like that down here..
Hopefully tommorow clearer skies for you all for next wave.
Thanks Mark, and everyone who commented on the pics, here's to hoping tomorrow is clear-er, those thin clouds up high really messed with my auto-focus, maybe I'll go manual tomorrow if we get some more..
Old 01-25-2013, 8:25 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
You need more scanners dude

I just wish there was a better way to confirm the frequencies, and check for duplicates here locally, like the bus service or transport service that runs out here that ends up coming through on my 104th Fighter Wing freqs. I bet the freq the 15s today is in my list, just locked out on my scanner because it was beakin off with truckers or whatever.
Hi

Noticed your comment about 104th freqs, I'm an avid 104th fan and have a radio on the
web that would allow you to monitor them if you are so inclined. If you have an interest
email me at f15splus@gmail.com for particulars.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:10 AM

Well...I'm glad someone had fun yesterday. It was a massive disappointment for me!...No comms, no visuals...and PlanePlotter was a bit of a letdown as well. Back to work and more planes on the way ...sigh
Old 01-25-2013, 11:44 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

No BOBBY 9's up today either side of pond so guess next wave
will be Saturday weather and possible mechanical problems aside.

CAFE 81 off St Johns 1645z so guess they are pressing on with
retiring A-10's from Spangdahlem..
http://www.g2mil.com/spangdahlem.htm

Last edited by Mark; 01-25-2013 at 11:53 AM..
Old 01-25-2013, 11:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacti21 View Post
HiNoticed your comment about 104th freqs, I'm an avid 104th fan and have a radio on the
web that would allow you to monitor them if you are so inclined. If you have an interest
email me at f15splus@gmail.com for particulars.
Hi Cacti21, that sounds great, thanks! Email is sent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by looknlisten View Post
Well...I'm glad someone had fun yesterday. It was a massive disappointment for me!...No comms, no visuals...and PlanePlotter was a bit of a letdown as well. Back to work and more planes on the way ...sigh
I was hoping you would get some shots with your camera too, mine is a 60D which doesn't give me extra magnification like yours does, my 500mm is true 500, no extra. Funny thing is I had/have 1000D which would be similar to the T4 for extra mag, but I gave it to my sister cause she doesn't have a good camera. How do you find out the magnification factor or whatever it would be called? I read about it ages ago(maybe on here).. but totally forget how you figure it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
No BOBBY 9's up today either side of pond so guess next wave
will be Saturday weather and possible mechanical problems aside.
Bummer, but good kinda lol, the skies are crap here atm. Thanks for the info Mark!