St. John's GRMS simplex Repeater

Status
Not open for further replies.

Centar2001

There is a simplex GRMS repeater up on channel 17 (462.6 Mhz) if anyone is interested....seems to cover most of the city.

mciupa

Really weak for me but it sounds like a Taxi Co.

I wonder if you try 467.6000 if you will get a better signal?

If you have the means to listen to both 467.6 and 462.6 simultaneously then you could see if they are one and the same.

Centar2001

For starters 467.6 isn't a legal FRS freq in Canada and is not included on any FRS/GMRS radios, second FRS channels are limited to 1/2 watt on radios sold in Canada, third, 467.6 as opposed to 462.6 at the same power level would make very little difference in signal strength. A simplex repeater receives, records, and retransmits the recording on the same freq, it does not use split freqs like normal repeaters do. In such case you would use the 462.6/467.6 pair as most UHF repeater use a 5 MHZ offset.

Centar2001

Ya, so far a dozen people are quite impressed with it and regularly using it....and it hasn't even been up for 2 weeks...

Centar2001

Polypeter V3

Version 3 of the missed Polypeter is almost finished, Fixed are the re repeats that plagued V2.
Also this one will have remote control for channel selection, on/off, and battery level monitor via CW.
As well a permanent powered location has been secured.
Should be up within the next month...

Centar2001

Polypeter V3

"The best laid plans of mice and men"...
I have inherited 2 children recently and the 3 yr old sort of got hold and destroyed the prototype board as it was being constructed...ah life.....well at least it doesn't need to be re designed just back to constructing another prototype.....slow going and tedious due to point to point wiring for the whole thing....no PC boards designed yet...hopefully some time in June at this point....so sorry for all the delay...

Status
Not open for further replies.