Qld Police codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

brisvegas

I've found the below codes, but wondering what DNA means? It's clearly not DNA in the scientific meaning. They refer to "has a permanent DNA on record"

It sounded like the matters were domestic related so i'm thinking something like a DVO but can't for the life of me figure out what DNA stands for (and coming up with all sorts of wild ideas ;)

codes from page:
UIL= Under The Influence Of Liquor
UID= Under The Influence Of Drugs
QAS= Queensland Ambulance Service
QPS= Queensland Police Service
QFRS= Queensland Fire and Rescue Service

TIA

brisvegas

I think it may be short for something else because it doesn't make sense in the context of what they were saying.

My friend's cousin is a cop so waiting for confirmation back ;)

Action101

Dna

I think it could be a sample taken ,the yank are finger printing at airport to enter. so it just gets better!
To bad if some one plays with samples ,scary times ahead

Comint

Premium Subscriber
I think it may be short for something else because it doesn't make sense in the context of what they were saying.

In the context of how it is used, is it possibly DMA rather than DNA.

In which case, it could be referring to the Queensland Drug Misuse Act of 1986.

--
Comint

double-n

Just found this on the WA list of Police acronyms:

DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid. The protein found in cell chromosomes often referred to as the ‘genetic fingerprint’. Used to identify plants, animals and humans. DNA profiling began in Australia in 1988, and has assisted police in thousands of investigations since. WA is linked to all Australian states via the national DNA database and has the second largest number of DNA samples after Queensland. In WA, testing for police is carried out by Pathwest, with more than 60,000 samples tested in 2007. Urgent samples are tested in less than 24 hours, while property crime samples are completed within a month, unless prioritised for investigative reasons.

Could be in the medical sense...

Dave86

when certain offenses are committed there DNA sample may be stored to allow them to find whoever did it. hope this makes sense

Funny I was just reading this thread and not 5 minutes after this came up. Convicted person and DNA in store or something.

philbert87

Multi State AU - DB Admin
Database Admin
Android, why would the Queensland police permanently store there drugs and alcohol. I can tell you right now it is as above there DNA not drugs, DNA is taken from bodily fluid mainly as they have committed crimes in the past

Yes, you are probably right. I was going by the common acronym for DNA which in social sciences refers to drug and alcohol addiction or issues. I thought it was so the police can use this as a combined term when the individual in question has both previous drug AND alcohol related diversions as opposed to just one or the other... I stand corrected :)

trailboss99

when certain offenses are committed there DNA sample may be stored to allow them to find whoever did it. hope this makes sense
Don't think so mate, it's not a matter that a patrol officer would need/want to know. A detective yes, ssome gtuy on patrol iin a vehicle cares not a jot however. It's nomenclature is "Permanent DNA", surly "DNA on file" would be used if that (DNA profile stored) were the case.

Anyone else got any insight on this one?

SpectreOZ

Just found this on the WA list of Police acronyms:

DNA
Deoxyribonucleic acid. The protein found in cell chromosomes often referred to as the ‘genetic fingerprint’. Used to identify plants, animals and humans. DNA profiling began in Australia in 1988, and has assisted police in thousands of investigations since. WA is linked to all Australian states via the national DNA database and has the second largest number of DNA samples after Queensland. In WA, testing for police is carried out by Pathwest, with more than 60,000 samples tested in 2007. Urgent samples are tested in less than 24 hours, while property crime samples are completed within a month, unless prioritised for investigative reasons.

Considering QLD has the largest collection of DNA samples that would be the most likely answer... good find double-n :D

trailboss99

Yep, I'm wrong and he's right, just got it from the horse's mouth so to speak. It just sounds like a fact an on patrol officer couldn't care less about.

NuttyTink

I hope this helps everyone that wants to know. ;)

Code 1 & Code 2 = Lights & Siren authorised, risk of personal injury or damage to property imminent

Code 3 = Routine investigation

VKR = Control Centre / Communications / Despatch.

QV = Query Vehicle check

UIL = Under Influence of Liquor

UID = Under Influence of Drugs

BOLO = Be On the LookOut

EEO = Emergency Examination Order (mental health assessment)

Permanent DNA = DNA of person kept on police file for possible matches with any DNA found at crime scenes

Type 1 = Previous Traffic Offence, speeding or hooning

Type 2A = Previous Traffic Offence, UIL or UID

Type 2B = Previous Traffic Offence, un-licensed or un-insured (un-registered vehicle)

The reason they reveal Permanent DNA information to generals crews is because if they are say for example attending a call out to a disturbance where they believe the person in question (being checked) is involved in an offence which they can not typically prove without scenes of crimes or detectives attending (taking photographs, fingerprints etc) they then know, that no further action is required by them in regards to that matter except to generate possibly a PAC or Job number and refer it to other units. If the person in question had no Permanent DNA they would most likely ask him/her to come back to the Police Station for further questioning, profiling etc

Hope that gives a better understanding of its use. Also VKR, will generally just reveal each and every flag associated to that person, this helps prevent lengthy and unneeded communications (asking for this flag or that flag etc etc etc) between one unit and VKR,

Status
Not open for further replies.