NSW GRN Pro96 / Arc96 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

falcon74

Having a lot of issues trying to get my pro96 working with the NSW GRN. I have had the scanner for a number of years and it worked well before the GRN upgrade. I have only recently decided to tune into the GRN again. I have read the posts that the new system uses the same control channels but different talk groups. I have entered the new talk groups without any luck.

I have also attempted to enter data into the trunk settings / multi table without success.

I have read about 2 or 3 different setting -- offset, low, high, base freq and offset. no luck getting it to work.

I am currently using the Arc96 software which does not seem to allow an offset of 16385 to be entered, it keeps changing to 756. although I can enter it in the multi table.

I have multiple towers entered with just the primary control freq, some with the secondary ones.

I can manually tune to a local tower and just get static and what appears to be alpha codes of a couiple of channels showing on the display.

Does anyone any suggestions or even a file for the Arc96 software I could look at.

any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks..

Russ

falcon74

Solution found (probably)

For anyone else that may have this issue, I finally seem to have the problem solved. I'm at least picking up the ambos with the correct ids showing, at this time of night not much else happening.

Solution: Use WIN96 not Arc 96, at least for NSW GRN..... Even though arch96 has a slightly more userfriendly interface for actual programming purposes (filldown, serial fill etc), it has bugger all in the way of tool tips and the help file is next to useless. As well as not being able to program the 16384 offset.

Win96 however, has the tool tips and in depth, useful manual / help file, that actually explains what setting do. Just takes slightly more time to program, but at least it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.