Sure it's a longshot but anyone have a P500 Auckland file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taubin

ZL2TOY
Premium Subscriber
I've recently moved to Auckland from San Diego, and i'm wondering if anyone has a P500 file they would be willing to share with Auckland frequencies? I'm not very good at programming the scanner at all. In fact, I'm downright horrible at it. I know it's a long shot,and that the police are encrypted, however, I don't believe St.Johns and others are, including the airforce. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Taubin

ZL2TOY
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the links. I have Win500 however, I don't really know how to program it unfortunately. I'll have to figure that out and program it by hand. Thanks for the frequencies!

questnz

Understand, but believe me learning using Win500 will be walk in the park vs programming all by hand.
As you already own it, invest time to learn Win500, take small steps at the time, it will pay itself in no time when come to changing things, additions, deletions etc.
ps I use to owned GRE310, used with PRSEdit, anyway good luck.

Chris

Taubin

ZL2TOY
Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I think I'm doing it correctly, I'm just adding them from the John site to the conventional, and putting in the name/frequencies, assigned them a group (fire, services, airport, etc...) I think that's the correct way.

I do have one stupid newbie question, some of the frequencies are below 130 and I can't seem to be able to add them, is it a setting or are those not able to be added? I'm using a PRO-106 if that matters.

Cheers

Taubin

ZL2TOY
Premium Subscriber

questnz

ps Dont waste time and program NZ Police Auckland frequencies, all P25 digital and encrypted, same as Wellington and Christchurch. Rest of Police NZ frequencies still on analog outside these 3 centers.
There are some analog channels still in use in use but not sure about details. Best to to use Signal Stalker to find out when you out and about.

Chris

Taubin

ZL2TOY
Premium Subscriber
Yeah, I had read that the AUK police were encrypted, shame that, but, I guess it's for their safety. Thanks for the heads up. I'll try the signal stalker when I'm out. Cheers

longreach

Feed Provider
Might just want to try search, the PSR500 'signal stalker' function is just plain crap. Ive never had it work yet here in Australia and i live outside 2 metropolitan areas. I seriously doubt you would find anything with it.
cheers
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.