anyone tell me how to set up a trunking scanner for grn

Status
Not open for further replies.

satob1

hi everyone, i was wondering if anyone on here would be kind enough to help me set up a pro95 for trunking as ive never been able to learn this,regards dave nsw

richardc63

Dave,

The Scannsw website give you all of the information you need to set up your scanner. Here is the link: http://www.scannsw.aesvn.org/grn.htm

Also, if you need to learn how to program your scanner for smartzone trunking there are specific groups on this site (Radioreference that is) where you will find people that have the same scanner as yours set up to do this.

The Scannsw site also provides a lot of information which will help you to understand how things work.

The GRN will be going fully digital (ASTRO) in 12-24 months so you will need to buy a digital scanner soon...

Regards,

Richard

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Dave,

Richard's link indicates three ranges required to track the system completely. The Pro-95 can only program one range so you will need to determine which range has your frequencies.

This table from the link list the three ranges
Code:
Range  	        Frequency Range  		Ch Step	Ch # in range
Range 1  	415.575 - 419.8500Mhz  		12.5Khz	380-722 = 343 channels
Range 2 	413.100 - 413.4000Mhz 		12.5Khz	723-747 =  25 channels
Range 3 *       415.000 - 415.1375Mhz 		12.5Khz	748-760 =  12 channels

* Range 3 is flawed because the last channel should be 759, not 760. Correcting that error will have 12 inclusive channels in that range and adding it to the other two ranges brings the total to 380 channels which is Motorola's structure.

If the inclusive frequencies within each range is correct, then the base frequency for each is the lowest frequency...IE, 415.5750 base for range 1, 413.1000 for 2 and 415.0000 for 3.

I don't know which towers you can receive but your selection for the 95 can only be one of the 3 ranges, and if your choice includes frequencies which fall in the other ranges, you will miss hearing talkgroups which appear when assigned to channels outside of your choice.

Note the frequencies listed in site #2, Beecroft. If that tower is in range (your scanner can hear the Control Channel), you can set the FUNC + 2 settings to range 1 in the Pro-95 and not miss any traffic. However, site #2 has frequencies in range 1 and 2. You cannot program both ranges so if range 1 is programmed, you will miss all voice traffic on transmissions assigned to 413.2625. The scanner will likely stop on the ID, but display an incorrect freq, thus no voice will be heard. Traffic on all other freqs from that site will be heard.

Two GRE (Radio Shack) and several Uniden scanners can set all three tables, so will hear all traffic available on all sites which are in hearing range of site Controllers.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Using the free Win95 from www.starrsoft.com will have these settings. Also, Richard's link indicates possible digital traffic which will be annoying with this scanner.

Last edited:

satob1

i knew that

richardc63 said:
Dave,

The Scannsw website give you all of the information you need to set up your scanner. Here is the link: http://www.scannsw.aesvn.org/grn.htm

Also, if you need to learn how to program your scanner for smartzone trunking there are specific groups on this site (Radioreference that is) where you will find people that have the same scanner as yours set up to do this.

The Scannsw site also provides a lot of information which will help you to understand how things work.

The GRN will be going fully digital (ASTRO) in 12-24 months so you will need to buy a digital scanner soon...

Regards,

Richard
hi richard i have a 296 and a 396 t as well as a 796 on its way from the usa the 296 should be here this week. i just received a pro94 this morning i paid $46us for now, im just waiting on the rest .also how come the pro94 radioshack hasnt got a program lead in it ,regards dave nsw

satob1

trunking for the 95

i frank , thanks for the reply on that how do i find the frequencies in my area .i live not far from sugarloaf mountain etc, im up high as well,also 1 other thing how come discones dont work very good on uhf but fine on all vhf bands ,regards dave nsw

satob1

richardc63 said:
Dave,

Regards,

Richard
hi richard, is programming a pro95 the same as the 94 ,regards dave

Status
Not open for further replies.