RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > The RadioReference Tavern > Automotive

Automotive Your car leaking? Want to discuss your cherry GTO? Discuss all engine powered four-wheeled contraptions here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2012, 5:31 PM

Default 2007 CVPI Parking Lights Not Working

Hello,
I have a 2007 Ford CVPI and my parking/tail lights stopped working. The brake lights, turn signals, and hazards work, but when I turn on my headlights the tail lights and front parking lights do not come on. I replaced the associated fuse today, but it blew as soon as I turned the lights on.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Sponsored links
Old 10-21-2012, 8:57 PM

Sounds as though there may be a short somewhere. Im assuming you replaced the fuse with the same value? The first thing I would check would be the wiring harness in the trunk and behind the grill. Pull back the matting in the the trunk behind each tail light and inspect it, also remove the back seat and inspect the wiring tracks for any signs of damage from aftermarket equipment that was installed.
Old 11-03-2012, 2:02 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Might be a bad headlights/parking lights switch which wouldn't be too hard to test.

Another thing to consider is the "lighting control module" (LCM) under the dash (just above the OBD II port). Ford put in some under-rated relays on the PC board and they tend to fail after awhile. I had to replace the relay for my headlights on a 2004 CV P74 a few months ago. A simple test that might work is to tap on the LCM. This jolt sometimes causes a bad relay to work for awhile. If the lights come on when tapping the LCM you know it's a faulty relay.

EDIT: Oh wait you said the fuse is blowing. Just need to find the short. Think what has happened to the car recently that could have caused it. Did it rain and some water get into say a tail light? Did something big and heavy roll around in the truck?

Last edited by LowBat; 11-03-2012 at 2:08 AM..
Old 11-09-2012, 11:50 AM
DB Admin Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Is the wig wag jumper by your horn pluged in, They do a hack job on the wireing system when they take these cars out of service
lowboy654@radioreference.com
Old 11-09-2012, 11:52 AM
DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBat View Post
Might be a bad headlights/parking lights switch which wouldn't be too hard to test.

Another thing to consider is the "lighting control module" (LCM) under the dash (just above the OBD II port). Ford put in some under-rated relays on the PC board and they tend to fail after awhile. I had to replace the relay for my headlights on a 2004 CV P74 a few months ago. A simple test that might work is to tap on the LCM. This jolt sometimes causes a bad relay to work for awhile. If the lights come on when tapping the LCM you know it's a faulty relay.

EDIT: Oh wait you said the fuse is blowing. Just need to find the short. Think what has happened to the car recently that could have caused it. Did it rain and some water get into say a tail light? Did something big and heavy roll around in the truck?
He has a CVPI a P71 different everything
Sponsored links
Old 11-09-2012, 11:57 AM
DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Here is a copy of the 2005 police interceptor modifier guide. should be about the the same.
http://www.digitalallyinc.com/downlo...icMODGuide.pdf
If you need the OEM wireing info PM me I might have it on a disk here.

73's