New Web Player Released 11/4/2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks,

We released a new Web player today for the online feeds. This web player is now active for the web pop-up player and the player on the county pages. We will implement this layer for feed archives shortly.

New features and looks include:

1) New Web player that hopefully eliminates browser crashes because of Flash bugs

2) Feed Status and Number of listeners dynamcially updated every 2 minutes in the window

3) Feed Alerts dynamically shown for the feed.

4) Access to Feed Archives and Report a problem links directly from the Web player pop-up

Attached is a screenshot of how the new Web player looks. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Screen shot 2009-11-04 at 11.43.08 AM.png
    Screen shot 2009-11-04 at 11.43.08 AM.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 582

richtidd

Database Admin
Folks,

We released a new Web player today for the online feeds. This web player is now active for the web pop-up player and the player on the county pages. We will implement this layer for feed archives shortly.

1) New Web player that hopefully eliminates browser crashes because of Flash bugs

2) Feed Status and Number of listeners dynamcially updated every 2 minutes in the window

4) Access to Feed Archives and Report a problem links directly from the Web player pop-up

Very cool.

Shows stereo left & right sides as well.

robbinsj2

Does this apply to the player that is embedded in feed providers' own pages as well? Do the HTML references need to be changed at all?

Jim

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Folks, I am not aware of any Flash based MP3 player that does Alpha tags... they don't exist at this point as far as I can tell.

There is one Java based player, but I'm reluctant to deploy that site-wide due to security issues and applet signing we'll have to do - not to mention they are slow and problematic for many browsers.

We aren't changing the embedded players yet for third parties - one reason is this new player is licensed for the radioreference.com domain only.

SCPD

QRT
If your reluctant to deploy it, Then that's a good thing. For those using GRE/Shack models, what application displays TEXT tags? Win500?

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
If your reluctant to deploy it, Then that's a good thing. For those using GRE/Shack models, what application displays TEXT tags? Win500?

If you're providing a feed to RR, you can use ScannerCast - Ham Radio K1PGV - to provide the feed - works for the PSR-500/600 and PRO-106/197 as well as some Unidens.

To see the alpha tags on a stream that is providing the alpha tags (not all do), you can use WinAMP, iTunes or [supposedly] Real Player to listen and see the tags.

mike

toonman4

I Like the new web player, Any chance it could be re skinned to tone down the text color brightness??
(I don't know what it takes to create a new skin for it, just wondering)

brandon

Database Admin
Folks, I am not aware of any Flash based MP3 player that does Alpha tags... they don't exist at this point as far as I can tell.

There is one called Native Flash Radio V2 by Sodah that does tags. I tried the demo but it seems buggy. Tags worked for about 30 seconds then stop updating. I'm guessing it works better for music stations since they update less frequently than scanners.
Here is the URL in case you wanted to test it: NATIVE FLASH RADIO V2 | INTERNET RADIO TO LISTEN ALL MPEG AUDIO STREAMS

pitotstat1

Folks,

Hi folks, new to the forum and just enjoy listening to live audio, thanks for the service...anybody aware that in El Dorado County CA, specifically El Dorado County Sheriff, the player is playing the audio in 8X speed?

Ladcaptain

Feed Provider
The one thing I have noticed with the new web player is it will automatically shut down after a period of time. When I use Win-Amp it maintain a continuous stream. Anybody else have this problem?

dwh367

We aren't changing the embedded players yet for third parties - one reason is this new player is licensed for the radioreference.com domain only.

If it's the same player I saw while doing some research, I noticed that we can either run it as unregistered (causing a "nag" message to appear on it) or we can register it to our own domain (to remove the nag message). With that being said, could a URL be created for us to pull from?

hoser147

The one thing I have noticed with the new web player is it will automatically shut down after a period of time. When I use Win-Amp it maintain a continuous stream. Anybody else have this problem?

I believe that is set by the provider in the initial setup. If I remember correctly ( I cant seem to find where these settings were) it gave several choices. I have mine set for 3 Hours. The New Player works and sounds great.

Status
Not open for further replies.