Feed Choppiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

kappajoe

Hello,

My Powhatan, VA feed is digital choppy and unlistenable pretty much all the time. The delay is longer than normal and i see the posts on that so i am wondering if it is related.

My setup is the same as it always has been and the local tower has some problems but my external scanner has static but no digital loss.

anyone else out there having problems or should i start digging deeper in my dedicated server? is there anyone with RR that can look at my feed and see any reason why it would be superchoppy?

Thank you,

joe

richtidd

Database Admin
Hello,

My Powhatan, VA feed is digital choppy and unlistenable pretty much all the time. The delay is longer than normal and i see the posts on that so i am wondering if it is related.

My setup is the same as it always has been and the local tower has some problems but my external scanner has static but no digital loss.

anyone else out there having problems or should i start digging deeper in my dedicated server? is there anyone with RR that can look at my feed and see any reason why it would be superchoppy?

Thank you,

joe

Feed lag would not cause this.

I here broken audio like a tight squelch or poor reception or something like that.

Try adjusting the squelch & checking the antenna connection.

You may also have other activities on the computer interrupting the stream? AVG anti virus is very bad with ScannerCast. See here for some info: How to Maintain a Good Feed.

In case it is other, try rebooting the scanner, computer & streaming software.

kappajoe

Squelch

the 250' tower near me went down a week ago and i do believe it was squelch, thanks for the tip, i was thinking too complicated.

joe

SCPD

QRT
if your using the newest version of scancast you can try to up the bitrate. that might help

richtidd

Database Admin
if your using the newest version of scancast you can try to up the bitrate. that might help

Sorry but this is incorrect advice and will not solve the problem.

The feed is cuttently at the RR standard Bit Rate 16kbs & Sample Rate 22.050 khz. Please leave these setting as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.