Los Angeles (South Bay) Feed Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOUTHBAYSCANNER

Welcome to SouthBayScanner.com
Feed Provider
Since this feed has gotten so busy, I'm thinking about deleting Redondo Beach and Hermosa Beach Police and Fire from the lineup as it's already being carried by another feed provider.

Here's the dilemma: On one hand, it's nice to have all the South Bay cities centralized in one feed and not having to switch over between feeds...But on the other hand, you might miss an important transmission if it keeps stopping on a frequency that is covered by another feed provider. But on the other hand (reverting back to my first point), you might also end-up missing an important transmission as you probably aren’t listening to two separate feeds at the same time.

What do you think? Should I keep the lineup as it is or should I delete RB/HB from the lineup?

saleen49

Premium Subscriber
Not enough agencies = more dead air. Too many agencies = missed traffic. You might decide which agency is most important to you and run it on priority mode. You can still have the other agencies carried on the other feed, but you won't miss anything on the priority feed. I prefer listening to constant traffic. That's how I ended up configuring my feed.

karldotcom

If someone wants to hear both feeds, they can open them both at the same time....as least on a computer.....I do this during major incidents.....

karldotcom

If someone wants to hear both feeds, they can open them both at the same time....as least on a computer.....I do this during major incidents.....are there stats telling you how people are listening?

Status
Not open for further replies.