Audio not coming over live feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrumpyGuard

I received an email yesterday afternoon that my feed did not have any audio. I have been listening for the past half hour at the computer and scanner. Everything in connected the scanner is working properly but I am not hearing the audio come over the live feed. I shut scannercast down and restarted it, but I still don't hear any audio. Any suggestions?
The Live Audio feed in Fresno County, California, the City of Clovis. I am using a Radio Shack Pro 97 scanner and the dispatch frequency is conventional.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Use a digital level meter

A common mistake people make is listening to audio on the same computer as you are using to send the streams. What you are typically listening to is contolled by "playback properties", while what you are streaming is typically controlled by "recording properties". Right click on the speaker icon in your system tray to see what I mean. The exact language depends on O/S version/etc.

What I highly recommend is that you use a digital level meter to monitor the signal level of what you are streaming. I've used one from DarkWood technologies. Do a search on this site and you'll find plenty of places where there are links and/or further descriptions. It is not just a matter of having the correct source selected, but you should also have a good level.

I would start out my setting my scanner to an NOAA weather channel so I know I have the correct source and everything is working. But then you need to fine tweak the level on the specific channels being streamed.

GrumpyGuard

I should have checked the obvious, for some reason the audio in changed from mic to line in. Changed to radiofeed and it has a level monitor built in. Feed is back on line! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.