RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Broadcastify Administration

Broadcastify Administration - Administration topics for Broadcastify.com. This forum is for Broadcastify feed providers to get support from Broadcastify Admins. Other audio questions go here: Streaming /Broadcasting / Audio Recording forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2015, 10:35 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Metadata

I swear I have seen a post for this in the past, but can't find it now. I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.

I'm using Proscan to broadcast my feed and there is a 8-9 second delay on the audio after the tags display in the mobile apps.

My question is: Is there a trick in the Metadata to delay the tags so they match the audio?
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2015, 11:36 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark432k View Post
I swear I have seen a post for this in the past, but can't find it now. I'm sorry if this has already been discussed.

I'm using Proscan to broadcast my feed and there is a 8-9 second delay on the audio after the tags display in the mobile apps.

My question is: Is there a trick in the Metadata to delay the tags so they match the audio?
The metadata and the audio leaving ProScan/RadioFeed should be in sync. It's probably the Media Player network buffer causing the delay.

What Media Player you are using?
Does the media player have a network latency setting you can try changing? If you can't find it, I would google it.
Try reconnecting the Media Player and measure the amount of time it takes to start playback. See if the time matches the delay.

Last edited by ProScan; 04-04-2015 at 11:41 AM..
Old 04-04-2015, 3:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I've noticed it on he Scanner Radio Deluxe iPhone/Pad app as well as the 5-0 Radio app. In checking other feeds it appears they also experience the same lag.

Would it be safe to assume the issue is with the apps themselves?
Old 04-04-2015, 4:59 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark432k View Post
I've noticed it on he Scanner Radio Deluxe iPhone/Pad app as well as the 5-0 Radio app. In checking other feeds it appears they also experience the same lag.

Would it be safe to assume the issue is with the apps themselves?
ProScan/RadioFeed doesn't have a network or delay buffer. The media player side should handle the buffering to minimize drop outs. The text tags and audio in ProScan/RadioFeed has been time tested for sync. Most if not all Media Players have a network buffer. Some Media Players uses the same engine.

Last edited by ProScan; 04-04-2015 at 5:05 PM..
Old 04-04-2015, 7:36 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have seen the delay in all the various players that I have tried. I have also noticed that the shortest delay is in the iTunes app.
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2015, 10:47 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommLt View Post
I have seen the delay in all the various players that I have tried. I have also noticed that the shortest delay is in the iTunes app.
Did you ever find out it there is network latency setting you can try changing? If you can't find it, I would google it.

Try reconnecting the Scanner Radio Deluxe iPhone/Pad app and 5-0 Radio app. Measure the amount of time it takes to start playback. See if the time matches the delay.