WinAmp and Buffer 0%

Status
Not open for further replies.

relliott

I don't know if this is the broadcast end or receiving end issue. After listening to my stream from a remote location with WinAmp after a short time, 5 to 15 minutes, the display blinks buffer 0% but it still receives the audio with no problems. Then after an hour or so it stops hearing audio and I have to restart WinAmp. Any ideas if this is a problem or just one of those things? I can listen to my Shoutcast stream for 24 hours and not have any problems....

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
I don't know why it does it but you're not alone. I see this happen frequently with not only my feed but also others I listen to via Winamp. The time for it to happen varies, and I don't always get disconnected, but other than that the symptoms are as you describe. This is not only with RR, but also with my feed as I ran it prior to switching to SA/RR. So I'd expect it's a "Winamp thing".

ScanYak

Feed Provider
Increase the buffer.
I have been using a simple fix for my WinAmp buffer problems:

* Start WinAmp.
* Press CTRL+P (Press Control key and without releasing it, press the P key as well)
* In the menu on the left select the 'Input' option below 'Plug-ins'
* In the right menu select the plugin
'Nullsoft MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Audio decoder'.
* Click the 'Configure' button
* Click the rightmost tab in the newly opened window (streaming)
* In the box below 'Streaming Data Buffer' enter the value 128 (instead of 64)
* Change the right slide to about 25% (instead of 10%)(the slide above the text: (how
much to prebuffer after a bufferunderrun)).

Link to source:
Buffer problems with WinAMP | Buffer problemen met WinAMP

relliott

So far that has seemed to work! Thanks for the speedy solution, I don't think the blinking buffer 0% really was too much of a problem but it would catch my eye while working on the computer. I would see it on the task bar and have to do a double take as to what was goig on....

Rich

Status
Not open for further replies.