Multiple Sound Cards Crossing Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeusling

Premium Subscriber
I'm attempting to get both of my audio feeds to run from one computer. I've purchased a few of those cheap USB "3D" sound cards to use for the input of one feed. The other feed will continue to use the input of the PC.

Everything setup and works fine, except that the audio is crossing from one feed to the other. I tried using two USB sound cards rather than the built in, and had the same results.

Anyone else run into this problem? Advice on how to correct it? I'm running it on Server 2003.

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
I'm attempting to get both of my audio feeds to run from one computer. I've purchased a few of those cheap USB "3D" sound cards to use for the input of one feed. The other feed will continue to use the input of the PC.

Everything setup and works fine, except that the audio is crossing from one feed to the other. I tried using two USB sound cards rather than the built in, and had the same results.

Anyone else run into this problem? Advice on how to correct it? I'm running it on Server 2003.

I don't know what you mean by "audio crossing from one feed to the other". Do you mean that both feeds send a mix of both radios? Or both feeds send the same audio from a single radio?

I just was moving my feed to a different computer here and when I listened to my feed as a test I heard the same thing out of both streams. It turned out that when I had unplugged the USB sound device, that encoder program fell back to the internal sound card and never switched back when I plugged the USB sound input back into the computer. Maybe that's it.

zeusling

Premium Subscriber
I don't know what you mean by "audio crossing from one feed to the other". Do you mean that both feeds send a mix of both radios? Or both feeds send the same audio from a single radio?

I just was moving my feed to a different computer here and when I listened to my feed as a test I heard the same thing out of both streams. It turned out that when I had unplugged the USB sound device, that encoder program fell back to the internal sound card and never switched back when I plugged the USB sound input back into the computer. Maybe that's it.

Yeah that is exactly the issue, both streams play a combination of both radio's output. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be my issue. I've checked the input source many times in ScannerCast to make sure that one was on USB Headphone Set (1) and USB Headphone Set (2).

Bote

know-it-all
Feed Provider
Yeah that is exactly the issue, both streams play a combination of both radio's output. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be my issue. I've checked the input source many times in ScannerCast to make sure that one was on USB Headphone Set (1) and USB Headphone Set (2).

What if you listen to the local speakers on the feed computer, are both audio signals mixed together then? If so, you have found your problem.

zeusling

Premium Subscriber
Yeah it's mixed on the local output too. Any idea on how to fix?

For those who are running multiple inputs on a single PC:
What OS are you running?
Are you using the standard Windows drivers that install when you plug the USB card in, or card specific driver?
Are there any special settings that you needed to setup to separate the audio inputs?

webstar22

RenfrewCountyScanner.com
Feed Provider
Go into your volume settings, change it to the recording screen and make sure something like "Stereo Mix" or "Hear what I hear" isn't selected as your recording input. If those are selected anything played over your speakers is also picked up as a recording channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.