Adding police scanner to mobile phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

madeinamerica

Does any one know how to add a live audio feed for a specific county. I am trying to add a police scanner to my mobile cell phone. I have the program downloaded on my phone but my county is not on the feed. The nearest scanner is 25 miles away. I listen to the scanner in bad weather to get information on my county, when the electricity goes off I am have no clue as to what is going on, so I am trying to add my county. Thanks.

KE4RWS

Smart Phone Scanner Application

I assume your talking about applications such as BBScanner.

If your county or agency is not listed this means there is not yet a provider for the area your looking for. Instead you can select "Scanners near me", which will show the closest providers to you. In many cases this will be beyond your listening area simply because no one has, or is able, to dedicate a scanner in your area for this purpose.

I ran into the same thing where I live but I was able to purchase a digital scanner for my own use and hope to purchase another one very soon to provide a feed from the P25 system in my area.

Randy

madeinamerica

Mobile phone scanner

Can you tell me in detail how this is done? I may be able to set up a feed if I knew how. All this is new to me. I have a Motorola Droid, that has police scanner application. How do I set up a feed, what equipment do I need? How much does it cost, basically everything, lol. thanks.

brucedicks

It was really easy to do. You ned to have a computer that can run 24/7, a scanner (programed to your area) and the software from radio reference. The only cost I had was a wire that ran from my scanner head phone jack to the mike line on my computer. It only cost me about $17 and I was up and running.

You have to apply for the software and you will need to fill out all the questions in the way that they are wanting them done.

Make sure that you go to the live feed tap at top of the radio reference hme page to get all the info. and form to fill out.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.